My New 2005 Mustang

hmmm, never heard that befor. a "chick picking up car" maybe, but I've never known or heard of any chicks driving Mustangs.

what would be considered a "man car"? unless you mean all cars in general, and a real man drives a truck, lol.

585599856[/snapback]

heh, what about the song... "Mustang Sally" ???? heh that was back in 1964 too... :rofl:

I like the body styling of the car, but I cannot imagine a v6 version...kinda defeats the purpose...

and I'm not too big on ford products, they're usually pretty shotty

not bad car. i like the outside looks

(love the rims, and color, but whats with the stupid stripe?)

interior is crap though. which is a pity.

also 210 is ridiculously small power for a 4 liter. you got to be kiddning me.

any modern average 3 liter can normaly give over 200 hp.

even 4 cylinder engines are getting close to the 200 hp  :whistle:

so unless its a fords crap engine you should be able to mod it to give its true power ;)

i know i would. having a 210 mustang is a joke.

585600267[/snapback]

horsepower isn't everything it's made out too be, but if you take a quick car and up the HP and then balance everything out, THEN and only THEN will the quoted HP matter. I ahve it quoted from a test driver that on the v6 they did get 0-60 in 6.5seconds, once, but usually 6.9, which is NOT at all bad, thats still great.

proof that HP isn't everythihng, go get the latest road and track and look at the differences between the steeda the saleen and the GT-R version of the mustang, 2 of those are SLOWER than the stock GT, and one matches it, R&T clocked the GT at 0-60 in 4.9 seconds, and they usually test cars slow too! and the GT-R with 440HP? what did they clock it at??? 5 seconds????? yes did it just say that??? and it even weigs more!!! the people who moded that stang are idiots, it weighs atleast 140lbs more than the stok, I thought you were supposed to lighten the race versions, lol :rofl:

just to make a point:

The people that keep complaining about the fact the car has 210hp obviously know NOTHING about what the motor can do. It was made to be a smooth running motor for a car focused at those that buy the Mustang just for the name and cant afford higher payments/insurance. It can also be made to produce over 400whp, its limited bacause Ford doesnt suport the v6 very much when it comes to in-house performance.

Its a very strong motor, but not designed for performance.

Man Car: 69' Camaro, Any Corvette, Viper. 

But yea, guys should drive trucks :p

585599910[/snapback]

Some good choices there. Well I'm not a fan of Corvettes other than some old ones, but 69 Camaro... awsome!, and a Viper is what I've always wanted to have, lol. I normally have trucks though.

to bad the GT wasnt designed to race the GTO, but the 04 Mach1 beat the 04 GTO w/ 30hp less, infact the now 80hp now only makes it an even race lol

not to mention the GTO costs 5k more, and still lost lol

I have nothing really wrong with 210 hp. Infact, about somebody else's comment about HP not being everything, I agree, torque is THE reason why 0-60 times vary so much, and torque and hp are not always connected (for instance there's now a turbo for the dodge ram with cummins diesel that makes 500hp and 1000ft.lbs torque!).

I do however think the v6 isn't in the spirit of a mustang at all. It's value will also depreciate a lot more than that of the v8. Sure it may be more practical, but it will not be in high demand come resale time. Just look at muscle cars. You can have a smallblock perform just as well as a big block, but because it's not big, people don't want it as much.

:x

2004 GTO smoked that 2005 mustangs.

the 2005 GTOs have 400HP, 50HP more than the 2004 model, Vette Engine, Vette Tranmission.

585600339[/snapback]

not to mention chev build quality in general's better...

:x

2004 GTO smoked that 2005 mustangs.

the 2005 GTOs have 400HP, 50HP more than the 2004 model, Vette Engine, Vette Tranmission.

yeah but GTO is ugleeeey. so boring. i mean the pictures you posted are the best you can ever find. in real life its boring coupe, just an average car in the street.

no i would DEFINATELY pick new mustang over GTO. at least its an interesting car.

no wonder GTO sales sucked soo much. i mean that why gm added all that extra hoursepower... but thats not going to help the sales much. they need complete redesign. and looking at the current gm concepts and designs i dont see them making it better then mustang any time soon :rolleyes:

Turn that Mustang back in the under carriage will be updated to four wheel independent suspension = smooth ride

The old under carriage is from the late 60s style.

Hi there guys.  I thought I?d share my recent purchase, a 2005 Ford Mustang.  I traded in my ?04 Ford Focus for this guy, and I think it was a great buy.

I don't want to seem condescending but ain't' you a bit young for such a car?

If you were my kid there's no ways i'd buy you a car like that.

If you were 23 yrs old or older then it would be ok.

the mustang has always had a low end option, hell when Shelby first was given the idea to make the cobra line up he said "thats a secrataries car".

obviously the only people here that are getting down about it being a v6 dont know much about the cars hirstory. I hate peope that bitch but dont know what they are talking about.

I have nothing really wrong with 210 hp. Infact, about somebody else's comment about HP not being everything, I agree, torque is THE reason why 0-60 times vary so much, and torque and hp are not always connected (for instance there's now a turbo for the dodge ram with cummins diesel that makes 500hp and 1000ft.lbs torque!).

I do however think the v6 isn't in the spirit of a mustang at all. It's value will also depreciate a lot more than that of the v8. Sure it may be more practical, but it will not be in high demand come resale time. Just look at muscle cars. You can have a smallblock perform just as well as a big block, but because it's not big, people don't want it as much.

585600533[/snapback]

I don't think anyone's debating that 210HP is a decent amount of horsepower, I'd love to have a car with 210HP! What they're saying is that only getting 210HP from a 4 litre engine is pretty pitiful, all TVRs are naturally aspirated and their 4L engines get 400bhp :/

IIRC, this is the same V6 found in the Ford 500. To give you an idea of how Ford designs cars, they used to have an option for two engines, one that was 3L V6, and one that was a 3.6L V6. The produced the same amount of horsepower, almost the same peak torque, but the 3.6 developed it just above idle, which made the car smoother to drive.

A V6 Mustang is all about a smooth, kind of fast ride. For everyone knocking it's engine output, you can find hundreds of V6 engines that make less horsepower than that. Heck, the Jeep I6 that they made for over a decade only gets 200hp, but it's regarded as a very good engine.