What do u think About This AMP

I just bought this AMP to replace my good old sony. I was one click away from buying a Harman Kardon AVR 635, but wich is a few bucks more than this one, but the lack of THX and some features i would never use made me go for the Elite.

A friend of my who is an audiophile, he have a 3k+ Denon and a Elite, a litte older than this one, he use them with a set of B&W speakers with a cerwin-Vega Center. He had accepted that the 2 k difference between the Amps does not reflect in sound quality that much.. So , i decided and got the Pioneer.

it will arrive by this weekend...

What do u think?

Pioneer Elite VSX-52TX Elite THX Select A/V

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/prod...DetailComponent

Specs

Power

Power Amplifier Design A.D.E MOS FET

Surround Power 110 x 7 (20HZ - 20kHZ @ 8 ohm, 0.09% THD

Stereo Power 110 x 2 (20HZ - 20kHZ @ 8 ohm, 0.09% THD

Digital Decoding & Processing

Digital Engine Motorola 48-Bit Processing

Dolby Digital 5.1 Yes

Dolby Digital EX Yes

DTS 5.1 Yes

DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 Yes

DTS 96/24 Yes

DTS NEO 6 Yes

Pro-Logic II DPL IIx

THX Yes

Surround EX Yes

Pioneer Original Surround Modes Advanced Surround 4 Movie / 4 Music

Virtual Surround Back Yes

Midnight Listening Yes

Loudness Yes

MCACC Yes

Speaker Configuration Yes

Speaker Size Yes

Speaker Level Yes

Speaker Distance Auto / Manual Settings

Acoustic Equalization 5 Band

Analog to Digital Conversion 96kHz/24-Bit

Digital Analog Conversion (DAC) 192kHz/24-Bit

Connectivity

Analog Audio Inputs 8

Analog Audio Outputs 2

Digital Inputs 5

Optical In 3

Coaxial In 2

Optical Digital Output 1

Multi-Channel Input 8 Channel

Audio Pre-Output 8 Channel

Composite Video Input 5

Composite Video Output 2

S-Video Input 5

S-Video Output 2

Component Video Input 2

Component Video Output 1

Component Video Conversion Yes

Component Video Frequency Response 40 MHz

Headphone Output Yes

Multi-Room and Source Output Yes

Front A/V Inputs Yes

IR IN/Out Yes

12 Volt Trigger Yes

RS-232C Yes

System Remote Control Port SR+

AC Outlet 1

SP Terminal Type Banana

Speaker A/B A/B, A+B

Adjustable Speaker Configuration Yes (2nd Zone/SB Channel/Bi-Amp)

Convenience

On-Screen Display Yes

Dot Matrix Display Yes

Remote Type LCD

Pre-programmed Yes

Learning Yes

Construction

Front Panel Aluminum - Urushi

Transformer Stabilizer Yes

Direct Construction Yes

the THD is a little high for what's supposed to be a really good receiver, but you won't even notice it. Awesome purchase.

I was wondering, now i want to get decent speakers...I was thing Klipsch SB-2 as From Speakers, CerwinVega as center...And Bose 201 as satellites...But i got a bad reiew for the bose set..So I still dont know what to get as Satellite and woofer.

The other choice is to get JBL for everything

I was wondering, now i want to get decent speakers...I was thing Klipsch SB-2 as From Speakers, CerwinVega as center...And Bose 201 as satellites...But i got a bad reiew for the bose set..So I still dont know what to get as Satellite and woofer.

The other choice is to get JBL for everything

585618811[/snapback]

I'd say look at Klipsch everything. Get the C-2 as a center, k-10 or k-12 as a sub, and the smaller sb-1's for sattelites.

hey vjsz just one Question how come you did not get, Onkyo or Denon ? i tought Onkyo and Denon is better than Pioneer in Receivers?

Well , u are rigth Denon and Onkyo are pretty good , and their top line its among the best u can buy.But i was on a 1k Budget for the AMP, cause i still have to get speakers and other Stuff.

The AMP cost me a little less than 600$ wich is really Cheap, but I live In Paraguay, in case u wonder its in the center of SouthAmerica, so shipping cost are awful here..So a paid a little over 250 $ In shipping, cause this is a heavy AMP.

The best I could get for around 100$ more, wich is what I saved from the 1k i planned was an Entry level Denon or a HK 335 wich does not Have Video Up Conversion and THX, so i decide to go with this Premier based on those Facts.

Of course If i Lived in US I would save a little more and get me a 1200 AMP from Denon, Onkyo or something, but thats not the case.

VJS

awsome buy!

sorry but inkyo and denon, even their best product cant be compared to pioneer elite!

585626797[/snapback]

I respectfully disagree.

well this is very difficult to argue beacause its in 80 % about perception..Some people would pay 15k more in Ada, mirage and many other brands that are insanly expensive cause the know they feature set and bvelieve it actually sound better.

Well it actually does, but most normal people cant tell the difference, i have read some reviews and the are subwoofer that have a frecuency response that hardly can be perceive but Dogs or cats...so lets dont say humans..but there are people who say the nottice the difference..

I am one of those when it comes to Image, or games...but sound...well..i can't tell the difference between a 1k and 3 K amp very easily..to be honest...

Pioneer 1015 will be out next month wait and pick that up.

I own a 1014 its amazing amp for the money if you can afford better get a denon, but pioneer is the best price performance in its class.

the THD is a little high for what's supposed to be a really good receiver, but you won't even notice it. Awesome purchase.

585618032[/snapback]

Nonsence on thd, anything below 1 percent is unherd by most everyone. More important is the amps ability to drive low impeedence loads, fast dynamics, and power. And of course it's video features and whats on the back panel.

But your right it is an Awesome purchase. :D

after a few days with almost no time afterwork I finally install it last nite, my old sony amp is now resting in a box looking for a new place to be put to work.

Installlation was quite easy, at the beginning i was not use to the On-Screen menu but after a while i got use to it. I did not test alot,i will do that today, but my first impression is that is far more balanced than my old sony.This one offers far more stable volumens thnat thesony that sometimes overwheml you but with a sound that was not enjoyable enough. I will do more work today, too bad i did get my new speakers yet.That will take a month cause i could not resist and bought one of the new Dell 24" monitor for my pc....

WEAK...:), i know but it seems so beautiful I could not resist.

I will post another review this nigth or tomorrow

Edited by vjsz

That Reciever should have a sound pressure meter to accuratly measure the out put from each speaker and adjust each so they are of the same output from your listening possition, or use a sound pressure meter, it makes a big difference. 24" lcd dude ,you have me so jealous please post a review of it.