Knoppix 3.8 IN Windows

Solarix

lol just as soon as i ask which torrent, i look to the same one ( didnt know i had it already) it jumped from 2kb/s to like 40

xxdesmus
has anyone tried this mounting the iso in Daemon Tools? just thought i'd throw that idea out there. would probably run faster.

585622735[/snapback]

mountin this in Alcohol the second it's done ;)

+LogicalApex
^ maybe its me, but i know 5000+ people who dont know anything about computers yet everyday try to act like there smart by trying out different tweaks and using outdated trojans on people calling themself hackers.  Now this is going to be added in the list "WOW IM RUNNING LINUX IN A WINDODOOOWW!! im 1337"!!!

585622630[/snapback]

lol people like you are what give computer people a bad name... close minded idiots really...

Who declared you master of everything technical? we all are new in something sometime, that's how it goes. You are claiming that it's a problem that people run around calling themselves "leet" when they touch stuff like Linux when ur doing the same thing. You're sitting there saying "Keep the new people off what i use because it's harder than everything else and i use it because im the smart one". Seems you feel if you meet someone else running Linux you will feel less "on top". The OS you use dosen't make you any better of a techie... So get off your high horse and realize theres a real world.

Go outside and realize theres other people out there... Also, go meet a real tech as they realize that we are all computer users and we all turn into "newbies" at times...

Solarix

ugh what the hell im getting only 21 now

xxdesmus

everyone post their impressions once they finish the download and start it up ...

My god Solarix...i could just stare at Jessica Alba's ass all night long :laugh:

g-n-t

seriously, i hate that sig :laugh:

im getting 50ish now.

good way to introduce people to linux. it cant get any easier than this. 14.2%

what is better, deamon tools or alcohol?

Solarix

dont hate lol , i use d-tools, just smaller dl for me, even tho id do it only once, i like it for mounting, but if i need a burner then i use alcohol

ring0
what is better, deamon tools or alcohol?

585622919[/snapback]

i always use alcohol, just because it does eeeeeeeeeeeeverything, but if you're just looking at the mounting abilities, go with daemontools. small, fast and free.

xxdesmus

yeah, alcohol is pretty nasty (in a good way), but daemontools is quality too, it's just what you need it to do...gettin around 100ish here...51% done ;)

g-n-t

this ****ing pathetic excuse for an OS called windows 2000 BSOD'd on me when installing daemon tools. not only that, it BSOD'd, AGAIN when i restarted. and if THAT wasnt enough, it wont even let me uninstall daemon tools in safe mode.

and solarix, that ass looks damn fine at 800x600.

xxdesmus
this ****ing pathetic excuse for an OS called windows 2000 BSOD'd on me when installing daemon tools. not only that, it BSOD'd, AGAIN when i restarted. and if THAT wasnt enough, it wont even let me uninstall daemon tools in safe mode.

and solarix, that ass looks damn fine at 800x600.

585622973[/snapback]

hmm...something tells me i may be trying this on my test box first :laugh: :whistle:

QuarterSwede
Go outside and realize theres other people out there... Also, go meet a real tech as they realize that we are all computer users and we all turn into "newbies" at times...

585622802[/snapback]

Pretty much what I was thinking. I know several tech's (one Unix tech) that work for various defense contractors in the area and what do they run at home? Crappy old windows because they don't feel like using a command line or configuring everything after doing so a lot of the time at work.

Personally I think this is a great idea. For people who still don't want to try a liveCD, this will work faster (I'm assuming) and won't waste a cd no matter how cheap.

g-n-t

good 'ol spybot, i disabled it, but its still installed. found 5 spywares too...

im trying alcohol now...

g-n-t
Pretty much what I was thinking.  I know several tech's (one Unix tech) that work for various defense contractors in the area and what do they run at home?  Crappy old windows because they don't feel like using a command line or configuring everything after doing so a lot of the time at work.

Personally I think this is a great idea.  For people who still don't want to try a liveCD, this will work faster (I'm assuming) and won't waste a cd no matter how cheap.

585623007[/snapback]

it will be faster cause it runs of the hdd, but slower because you have to run ****dowz with its horrible memory management as the host OS and you still have to decompress all the files. if you have a ton of ram though, this will be faster.

Solarix

aw, it runs slow? , i know for a fact vmware5beta works extremely fast compared to what it used to be, plus not to mention its experimental d3d, (ogl works well now too) in vmware

|Benjamin|

Yeah, it runs really slow. I think beacuse it uses like 1.20 gb of my ram.

kyro

this is sawweeet for windows noobers.

NienorGT

I have stopped to download now...

it was not loading and I as get somthing like 20 uploads on a only 1MB sized part...

insanekiwi

thanks benjamin.

NienorGT

Got "finally" 1% of the total in 10Minutes