Knoppix 3.8 IN Windows

:D I am [of course] a noob/newb/n00b to this and need to ask a few Q's and then I can download and be on me happy nooby little way. Torrent...seen it once but have no idea about using it at all :p Legal? And....WTF is wrong with that guy on the first page?

How does this work? Do I burn it to a CD, then run it in windows? Or do I boot from the CD?

585622707[/snapback]

Alcohol 120% is your friend :p then u can run it from the ISO :p

mounted, autorun fires off and opens it up....it is a little bit laggy for some reason, i am going to burn the cd and try it that way when i get home from work

oh, and wireless setup was a breeze...if this works at full speed it will be *very* nice ;)

WTF is wrong with that guy on the first page?

585623817[/snapback]

What guy? The << removed >> ranting about "hackers"? ...Or me with my Jessica Alba picture? ;)

Edited by markjensen

Thanks for the bad news.  I hate when **** gets too easy for every ****ing n00b on the planet to use.  Everything gets messed up.  I thought it was enough with livecd. but now this. great. i'm sure this will give birth to a few thousand lamers thinking they have mad skills.

I just use VmWare with nix

585622601[/snapback]

^ maybe its me, but i know 5000+ people who dont know anything about computers yet everyday try to act like there smart by trying out different tweaks and using outdated trojans on people calling themself hackers.  Now this is going to be added in the list "WOW IM RUNNING LINUX IN A WINDODOOOWW!! im 1337"!!!

585622630[/snapback]

Wow. A title.  That can be changed,  The views and actions of wannabe's can't. as there so caught up in this.  Yeah,  i know that is, but the whole view should be changed about linux becasue to leet wannabes (noobs, lamers, hacker wannabes) its known as some elite os you use to madly h4x0r and pwn people.  (im not saying i'm leet and that others are trying to become like me.)

585622675[/snapback]

wow you're the biggest << removed >> on neowin.. Who gives a flying **** if they're using outdated trojans and think they're hackers. << removed >>?

Edited by markjensen

This whole thread is full of trolls and flamers........ what gives?

I have found the Linux/BSD/Unix Client subforum to be full of (mostly) mature, honest , and eager to help folks........ this whole discussion is more like the teenager responses found in the different Windows threads.... sorry..... :no:

Barney

Edited by barneyt

This whole thread is full of trolls and flamers........  what gives?

I have found the Linux/BSD/Unix Client subforum to be full of (mostly) mature, honest , and eager to help folks........ this whole discussion is more like the teenager responses found in the different Windows threads.... sorry.....  :no:

Barney

585624364[/snapback]

very true, everyone i've talked to in the linux/etc forum's have been very help...ah well, this is a very cool development even it means things will become more mainstream :yes:

I have sanitized the worst of the abuse.

Now, knock it off, people! :crazy:

Keep it on-topic. Personal attacks are uncalled-for.

I imagine that Knoppix running as a window inside Windows is a bit slow because it is given a much smaller portion of resources, as MS Windows is a 'host' OS running a virtual computer to support a 'guest' install of Knoppix.

Not exactly like you are running a real Linux install. ;)

so this will never be 100% i take it right? ...it's the same speed as running it in a virtual pc or vmware right? (because that's essentially what's it's doing)

Does this emulate a system (like VMWare) or does it just run X as a process, if so, whats different about this than VMWare or Cygwin + X ?

everyone post their impressions once they finish the download and start it up ...

My god Solarix...i could just stare at Jessica Alba's ass all night long :laugh:

585622915[/snapback]

That's not Jessica Alba's ass dude :p

Yay, I'm up to 35kbps, better than the 7kbps I was getting earlier.

*EDIT*

Woah, now up to 215kbps! Nice jump :)

Edited by Another_Paul

running it right now, nice and super slow so far

hopefully im doing it right

its the speed of running winxp under a system that was made for windows 3.1 haha

everything is stable so far just really slow, maybe i should try turing off all open programs and reboot first....

Edited by NYCBetaSte