The Final Four is set

Who you want to see battle for the championship?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see battle for the championship?

• UNC vs Louisville
    • UNC vs Illinois
    • Louisville vs Michigan St.
    • Illinois vs Michigan St.

Despite all the upsets, my #1 (Ill) and #2 (UNC) teams are still alive. Last year I picked UConn to win it all, my first time ever picking the champ. I picked Illinois this year, could it happen 2 years in a row?

Still going with the Illini, I'm a little curious to see why everyone is picking against them now/still. I was watching ESPN and they had some "experts" and online polls that had the majority of them saying it's either UNC over Illinois, or UNC over Louisville, and a few Illinois over UNC. What gives?

I'm pulling for UNC. I like all NC teams though considering that's where I was born. So I was pulling for Duke, NC State, and Wake Forest but they aren't in it any more.

Still going with the Illini, I'm a little curious to see why everyone is picking against them now/still. I was watching ESPN and they had some "experts" and online polls that had the majority of them saying it's either UNC over Illinois, or UNC over Louisville, and a few Illinois over UNC. What gives?

585688305[/snapback]

uh hello, espn? east coast? if you're not in the ACC, you suck according to espn ;)

everyone over there is so damn biased it's not even funny.

all big ten final!!!

illinois over msu!!

585691753[/snapback]

umm..no..

UNC over Illinois or Louisville

And username?

But nonetheless, <b>GO HEELS!</b>

585691966[/snapback]

Actually the username is a reference to the NFL's NY Giants. If anyhting, Big Blue in college hoops is more synonymous with Kentucky. Only reason the Giants aren't on my sig is because it's offseason and I had to sacrifice one team to avoid the sig being too big. Once football starts the Heels may have to go but the avatar will stay. :D But I do agree, Go Heels!

All Big Ten final? :laugh:

That's a funny illusional statement :p

585692475[/snapback]

lol, hey it was illusional to have 3 big ten teams in the elite 8 and 2 big ten teams in the final 4, especially since our RPI rating was 6 out 6 for the major conferences, DEAD LAST.

just wait, you'll see :p

i called at the beginning that duke, kentucky, kansas, and north carolina wouldn't be in the final....

uh hello, espn?  east coast?  if you're not in the ACC, you suck according to espn ;)

everyone over there is so damn biased it's not even funny.

585692127[/snapback]

Well, I knew about ESPN being east coast biased (see Red Sox - Spankmes, Peter Gammons, etc) but still.

I've been watching some shows and it's not even funny the lack of "respect" the Illini are getting. I quoted respect because nobody is really saying they are a bad team, they're just saying that the Arizona game shows that they aren't as good as everyone said they were. Um, isn't the point to win the game no matter by how much? Hasn't Illinois done that in every game but one?

The thing about UNC is that nobody is denying their talent. I just wonder about their focus. While Wisconsin is playing much better than all of the times Illinois played them, UNC should have handled them easily. They were content to just work their offense and were extremely lax on their defense. I'm not sure what team will show up against MSU. If it's the laid back one I fully expect MSU to take advantage and make it an all Big-10 final.

oh hell yeah, i agree dude. unc shoulda destroyed wisky in terms of pure talent. roy willimas is such a bad coach, and his players are playing so below their potential, they were 1 shot away from losing that game. and just think of all the wake-up calls that they've had this year, and they still play like that. you think that a team who lost to a high school, and then got a free gift to the final four courtesy of the officials would have a pretty decent fire lit under their arses.

roy willimas is such a bad coach

585693575[/snapback]

Man you really despise UNC huh? That's fine, but how can you say Williams is a bad coach? Caoching super-talented players can actually be one of the toughest things. McCants IS a handful though he's got incredible game. Ask Larry Brown about Allen Iverson. Until he won a championship with Detroit were people saying he was a bad coach? Was Phil Jackson a bad coach for not winning with the Lakers last year? No. Look I know Williams' teams have a penchant for choking at the end but merely GETTING there so often has to be worth something. I believe I've said before UNC needs Felton on the floor. If he hadn't gotten into foul trouble against Villanova or rolled his ankle against Wisconsin they WOULD'VE blown both teams out. It was when he went out that both teams cut into pretty nice leads. How come Matt Doherty couldn't get the same group of super-talented kids even into the tourney? Williams has an over .800 career win percentage. I know UNC is vulnerable and hate on them all you want and say Williams can't get it done in the big game but he's not a bad coach. If he wins this year, everyone forgets the times he didn't and he's a genius like Boeheim after winning with 'Cuse two years ago. And what I'm rooting for more than anyhting else this year is that he gets the monkey off his back so people can stop trashing the guy for being a consistently great coach.

Sorry about the mini-rant just felt that needed to be said. You can all return to your UNC/Roy bashing :p

Edited by bigbluepride35

it's not just UNC, it's the whole ACC ;)

either way, at this point in time, williams is a choker. nothing more. he choked just as much with kansas.

UNC's last championship: 1993 (thanks to webber :angry:)

kansas' last:1988!!

i don't care how good you are during the regular season, this is what counts.

this is why if i was in charge of the NFL hall of fame, brady would be in this minute, and i wouldn't even blink when i say marino is out.

OK but if he wins, then he becomes a great coach? I mean IMO that's insane that one game says you're one of the greatest or just a choker or has-been. But hey if that's your own personal standard, fine but if I was a player or coach in any sport I wouldn't want you to head my Hall of Fame :p. And I agree with Brady being in but Marino out? Wow, that's all I have to say to that one, WOOOOOOOW lol. Any die-hard Miami fans are gonna rip you apart lol.