How Did SP1 Go For You?

This is my manual way to do it, it works like a charm, I use it for WinXP too.

1.- Create an .iso image from your wind2k3 CD, use WinISO or UltraISO or other. (my choice is UltraISO)

2.- Open the .Iso Image and extract the i386 folder to 'C:\win2k3' folder (create it).

3.- Create another empty folder 'C:\w2k3sp1' and place your .exe file (sp1) in it.

4.- Run the following commnad.  (Start > Run)

C:\w2k3sp1\WindowsServer2003-KB889101-SP1-x86-ENU.exe -s:c:\win2k3\

5.- Once it's done, Open the original .iso image again, delete the i386 folder

6.- Add "all" the contents from the folder 'C:\win2k3' back to the .iso image,

override files if needed. -include i386 plus whatever files are there now.

7.- Burn your .iso image.

8.- Done!

Using this method you dont lose the bootable part of the original CD.

:-)

585752214[/snapback]

You've missed some file changes using this method. Why not do it the proper way?

Unistalled Citrix  :angry:

I read on Microsoft's software compatibility list today that it is supposed to support Citrix MetaFrame XPe FR3. Which Citrix product / version are you talking about?

Slipstreamed on one server and installed on two others went fine with one small hiccup. There is a bug in SP1 where, when using ntbackup, you must create a backup composed of BOTH active directory data and logs, or neither if on a dc. This tripped me up when I went to make a backup of the System State but it failed because I didn't include the logs on another partition.

Other than that, the SCW is a VERY nice addition.

Crash AND Burn!

I'm getting those MSBlaster type RPC errors on logon. I've set the RPC service from "restart the computer" to "do nothing" but that just leaves me with a crippled explorer/desktop.

I can't find a reference to this problem anywhere.

I can't view my event logs, run the uninstall SP1, run SFC.....pretty much anything.

This is about as pleasureable as a Rosie O'Donnel - Barbara Streisand duet.

ick. :pinch: :pinch: :pinch: :pinch: :pinch:

I'll pay $1.25 to anyone who could point me the way out of here.

NV

I'll PS this to say that this was a fully patched/protected file server. It's running a pretty minimal configuration and had no issues until this install.

The patch came through the MS update site.

NV

i've installed it on wto 2k3 servers.. one of these is running WUS and terminal server..

and the other one is running WUS, terminal server, exchange 2003 and is doing domain and dns :)

both servers are working as good as ever..

SP1 went fine for me. Both on my Desktop and on a Virtual PC that I'm currently running simulation testing and practice runs of a Domain Controller on. Any tips BTW on using the Security Wizard effectivly? I'm yet to play with that yet on the VPC DC.

win2k3 works fine for me just had trouble with the order the dns was being read (HardWare Configuration) and with that u need isa2k4 sp1 for it to install on win2k3sp1

I just installed it on two server one is my Terminal Server and that went fine. It installed correctly on my application server, but the application service would not stay started. I placed a call with tech support. That's the best I could do.

So Far SP1 has been really not too great for me, but we have installed it on over 25 DC and everything seems fine.

Have fun!!!

Unistalled Citrix  :angry:

Foobarred ISA so hard that when setting up usergroups, It could only display SIDs... Rubbish :crazy:

585768850[/snapback]

Microsoft should buy Citrix's stock out. Hopefully in a few years we won't need metaframe anymore.

This is a friendly reminder that it is HIGHLY recommended that you do not install Windows Server 2003 SP 1 on a Small Business Serve 2003 box. You will need to uninstall it from the box to put it on the SBS box, and as of the latest RC for SBS SP1, there are some really nasty things that happen when you do that specifically on an SBS box since everything is all packed together.