I have an idea: Neowin Mailing list!

Hi people!

I have a great idea, maybe Neobond should add a mailing list option,

That in the end of a certain day will email all the registered people the news posted in this great site?

Thanks! :)

And me! One thing though, I hope NeoWion doesn't end up like ICQ (too many options to get lost with)... :(

Hmm, a mailing list? - Wouldnt that deter people coming to the site itself? I am the last person that wants to start mass spamming people with stuff that can be read here.

Neobond, You're pretty right,

I didn't thought of that...sorry :)

I'm sure that even if there will be a mailing list I will always come to this great site, and I'm not the only one...:)

Your site is too good to miss :) :)

loveneowin.gif

but you could have a "Breaking News" mailing list, where people could sign-up and receive Breaking News such as Microsoft's future court rulings and important site news such as site outages etc.

Do like other news sites with mailing lists do, use the list to attract people TO the site not AWAY from it. Simply send out a list of the days headlines with a link to each story and so on. Possibly include a very short summary of each news item. The only problem is setting it all up, as there would be a huge number of subscribers and that would need a lot of bandwidth and the right software to manage it all.