Win Xp Sp2 Deadline

Microsoft extended the grace period allowing customers to block SP2 through April 12

Win Xp SP2 deadline

so, does anybody knows what happend to the user who still did not want or did not able to download it, because of some reason:

- They who have slow dialup connections.

- They who use pirated version, which did not allow to install SP2.

- They did not want to download SP2 and install.

- They who did not online

Do this windows XP will still be able to operate or Not ?

If NOT, is that at 12 April is the Disaster day ?

In my opinion Microsoft must stop the pirated version in this time. just my 2c.

Thanks

I just hate all the noobs that keep going, omgwtf sp2 ****** my computer up.

585729093[/snapback]

I second that, clean install it people.

If NOT, is that at 12 April is the Disaster day ?

What the heck is that about, SP2 is a good thing... Disaster day? Just a little over the top aren't you?

:rolleyes:

SP2 is quite likely to screw your computer all to hell as an upgrade. Integrated into an installation CD and installed fresh it's great, however. I think forcing an upgrade to SP2 is a bad idea. They should do a trade-in for SP2-integrated discs similar to how they plan to distribute XP x64.

dial up users can order a cd from m$, what I'm worried about is the apparent microcode probs between prescott core p4's and sp2, corporations seem to have a love for intel (my work machine is a p4 2.6 w/ 512mb RAM on i845 (I think) chipset)

too risky to have those incompatibilities on possibly huge scales, its not as is you can just go round and flash all the bioses, because you gotta pay a techie to do it, also that machine will be unusable to the employee thus wasting time

\coldgunner sees gowcra hugging his sp2 disc, realising he has not slipstreamed and proceeds to send him a singing messenger holding a wet trout in the appropriate slapping position

corporations won't upg cos time = money, too much time used upg to sp2 and less making money

585729123[/snapback]

Incorrect... The benefits of SP2 far outway the time required to install it...

My corporation has already dedicated the reources needed to implement this, IT is overhead in any company. It doesn't really matter what your IT department is doing, it's still overhead. So directing IT to get this implemented doesn't cost any company anything additional, really makes no sense not to roll SP2 out...

:whistle:

\coldgunner sees gowcra hugging his sp2 disc, realising he has not slipstreamed and proceeds to send him a singing messenger holding a wet trout in the appropriate slapping position

585729145[/snapback]

:laugh: :D :)

what about prescott incompatibilities like I said earlier

I work for local government, which has 1000's of pc, most w/xp pro, and to go around updating the bioses of the prescott machines would be incredibly time consuming

edit: gowcra gets up from his pc, thinking he heard something at the window, the window shatters, gowcra peers out of the window briefly, just time to see a sniper trout, the most wet slappable trout there is. gowcra then proceeds to browse neowin forums

He means if you dont install it, then its disaster day

585729112[/snapback]

I understood the same here

and When is the deadline?????? (to upgrade to sp2)

april something or other, I ain't got a choice for sp2 or not, I got XP w/sp2 OEM, the key will not work on standard or sp1 discs

The deadline is 12 April

Windows XP SP2 Deadline Click here

Yes, what I mean is if you dont install it, then it can be disaster day.

What happened ?

The computer will still working like before ?

The computer will Stop ?

The computer will give warning for few more days to purchase original Windows (if pirated version)

or What ?

Thanks

I know this is my PC and I do not want sp2 on my PC.

its bad for my apps

I guess i wont use windows update and perm disable it.

anyone have a way to block sp2 ?

Best way is to disable BITS and Automatic Updates in Services but be aware than other updates won't install either.

I know this is my PC and I do not want sp2 on my PC. 

its bad for my apps 

I guess i wont use windows update and perm disable it.

anyone have a way to block sp2 ?

585734376[/snapback]

disable automatic updates and just dont use windowsupdate then?

"its bad for my apps" is barely a reason notto install it since it contains alot of security fixes. i don't know of ANY app that had problems with sp2.

why not install it? as insanekiwi says, it contains lots of security fixes and updates so its very useful to install.

besides sp2 isnt so bad as everyone claims it is. But "everyone" seems to hate it tho...

Well it's going to be even worse for you and your apps when some hacker or one of his/her creations is owning your PC and sending back personal information to them about you.

I can't understand why you haven't applied sp2, it's a breath of fresh air. I have applications running on sp2 that worked o.k. without any service pack and sp1.