Cannot Find Network Card

I have a network card in a PC, however, I lost the driver install disks a long time ago and have forgotten the make of the network card. Are there any programs which I can transfer via a USB Drive to that PC that will detect the make and model of my card so I can download the relevant drivers?

Master Spy.

Assuming that you're using windows xp.

Right-click My Computer > Properties > Hardware tab > Device Manager button

Expand the Network Adapters, the right-click on one of them and select Properties.

For other versions of Windows, you need to go to the Device Manager window and do the same thing.

Hope it helps.

Ok, perhaps I should have mentioned that i'd already tried that. The Network Adaptors menu doesn't exist. I have no drivers installed.

I gave up with that approach and opened up the case instead. I found the Model number was 320X-S1, which according to Google was a Surecom device. However, the drivers I downloaded are absolutly ****ing **** and the setup.exe doesn't install anything. It just fills a dos type screen with random symbols. If anyone has a Surecom Network adaptor like mine, and has any advice for installing the drivers, please feel free to reply.

you probably don't want to do this, but search google for a program called aida32. its development was stopped a few years ago and it's the best hardware detection software i've ever come across. when you get it running, check the pci or physical hardware (depending on your preference) and it will tell you the manufactuere and model. then go to www.driverguide.com and click driver list on the left side. it's pretty much self explanatory from here and should work.