Is this a bug in XP or is it just my machine?

I was bored so I decided to start searching my windows folder for random files, after right clicking one and hovering my newly mac os x styled cursor* over "Open containing folder" I was surprised to see Japanese text appearing in the status bar! Is this a bug in windows XP, or is it my pc? I do have over 1200 Fonts installed on my system but I don't see how that can affect it.

Oh and by the way, it happens with all files! Also, I have switched from the stupid XP dog to the classic search panel, will this be why its showing japanese text?

Screenshot:

image29mz.jpg

*osx cursor shadow not included on screenshot because its coolness might seriously damage your eyes

Edited by hotdog963al

Nope, they are just a bunch of .cur files for use in the windows mouse settings. No extra programs, just a simple cursor. Could someone check and see if it happens to them?

Lol i get the same thing when i hover over open with Internet Explorer sometimes. and i've managed to duplicate it in Winsows ME Edition. I'd say it's a bug just beause i can create it too.

the cursor is just an image though isnt it? How can having a different image for a cursor affect the language in the status bar? This is most peculiar....

I do have over 1200 Fonts installed on my system but I don't see how that can affect it.[/size]

585762023[/snapback]

that's gonna hurt your boot time. no?

Great God. My machine is doing this too!

Never saw this one.

Really funny.

I also do not have installed supprort for asian languages so i get

the rectangles.

:rofl:

Urmm, I installed a patch from some tweak site. Ive read the topic that helps you clean your windows folder, it says about deleting a folder in there to get rid of the damn dog and get back to 2000 style searching. Cant be bothered to find it though...

Has this bug been reported my everyone else?? Because if not, I will feel very special! :D

that's gonna hurt your boot time. no?

585765569[/snapback]

Not really, its still pretty fast but I think im gonna trash my fonts directory and copy one over from my fresh Xp install on VMware windows emulator

No Asian language support on my box, so all I get is.....

585765446[/snapback]

I get the same image. That's an exceedingly odd and obscure bug you've found, hotdog.