• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Audiogalaxy for Mac OS X

Dazzla    5

Before I was using Open AGX but about 20 mins ago, I noticed a program called Sputnix on versiontracker. I thought I'd give it a go and it is quality.

It integrates with iTunes nicely, it can add songs directly to designated playlists in iTunes when finished downloading. I've got it so it downloads single songs to my "misc" music folder and it instantly adds it to my playlist "CD Single". Seamless.

You can also preview songs while they are downloading, handy if there is multiple copies and you want to know if one of them is a dud.

I just thought I share it with mac users who don't know about it yet.

Screenshot:

sputnix.jpg

Timan    554

TALK ABOUT WEIRD TASTE of MuSaK ;)

sheer    0

Damn, I could never get Sputnik to work, would always crash out IE at login :right:

Dazzla    5
Originally posted by sheer

Damn, I could never get Sputnik to work, would always crash out IE at login :right:

Works fine here, although Moz is my default browser. Why do you still use IE?

bboyroe    0

I have been using sputnix since the day i got my mac, its so much better than even the audiogalaxy satellite on windows, i like the way you can listen to part of the song before its finished downloading, especially as half the songs i used to get from audiogalaxy were live, now i can just cancel them if they are live.

Dazzla    5
Originally posted by bboyroe

I have been using sputnix since the day i got my mac, its so much better than even the audiogalaxy satellite on windows, i like the way you can listen to part of the song before its finished downloading, especially as half the songs i used to get from audiogalaxy were live, now i can just cancel them if they are live.

Yeah I hated downloading dud songs so that's a good feature. Although the ability to click a link on the Audiogalaxy webpage and have the song sat in iTunes ready for you in a few mins is very impressive. (Microsoft take note, that's how you do integration without the courts up your ass ;)).

I only stumbled across it because Open AGX stopped working for me.

gravel5839    2

man, thats so cool that there is ag for osx, thanks dazzla

sheer    0
Originally posted by Dazzla

Works fine here, although Moz is my default browser. Why do you still use IE?

It's still the most reliable browser IMO, and to be honest I don't use the Mac much on the internet, it's my work box, got a PC for surfing/gaming. I gave up on Audiogalaxy a while back tho once I found another source for the music I like :devious:

Silvorgold    0

interesting lol

cyberbry    0
Originally posted by sheer

It's still the most reliable browser IMO, and to be honest I don't use the Mac much on the internet, it's my work box, got a PC for surfing/gaming. I gave up on Audiogalaxy a while back tho once I found another source for the music I like :devious:

say, your local music store? :)

sheer    0
Originally posted by cyberbry

say, your local music store? :)

That's the one :D