The OFFICIAL Windows XP SP1 Thread

Originally posted by jb10fan

nuhh nuhhh nuhhhh hes just a beta freak..some of us our u know.. nuhhh nuhhh nuhhh i have every build of Windows ME, and i was on 56k nuhhh nuhhh nuhhh :::Raises hands to block lamer flames::

lmao, come back when you grow up kid, lama flames? you dont even know what a flame is boy, simple advice dont download big files on a 56k modem, let alone windows me, damn that must have been so cool, to illegally get a os that is so lame M$ appoligise's 4

Just installed the latest SP1.

So far I have only seen a few changes:

Startup is sloooow!

Option to remove various Microsoft products, like Messenger.

Added nagging warning message when downloading files.

My question is: where can I find a complete list of what else is changed in the OS after installing SP1 (bugfixes/new features and so on...)?

yeah, theres a real simple soloution to it, nip down to your local store, pick up a xp retail or upgrade box, take it to the counter, get out your hard earned money and buy a original copy... no more need 4 a illegal warez copy

Originally posted by Papias115

Hello! I am new here and I found your forum very illuminating and helpful. Here is my problem.

I have XP Pro and I installed it using that infamous VLK (fckgw-rhqq2-....), and I realized I could not install SP1. They say I need new VLK and I was wondering whether I could get it somewhere.

If you have any info, I really appreciate it. Thanks.

Papias115

Here's a Key ! :p

GOTOA-STORE-ANDBU-YACOP-YOFXP

Originally posted by RaINE

yeah, theres a real simple soloution to it, nip down to your local store, pick up a xp retail or upgrade box, take it to the counter, get out your hard earned money and buy a original copy... no more need 4 a illegal warez copy

How many times can you activate it in a period of time? I once formatted about 4 times in one month. That would be a problem with XP.

The key provided by xpablo actually worked!!!!

I thought you were sarcastic -- understandably, but I tried it anyway (I guess I was bored and try to humor myself!!) ... and lo and behold... it actually installed sp1! WOW... amazing!

Thanx Xpablo!!! I owe you one.

:)

Originally posted by NeoTrunks

How many times can you activate it in a period of time? I once formatted about 4 times in one month. That would be a problem with XP.

providing you have a retail copy, then you can activate as much as you want, having a retail copy you should know this

Originally posted by DigitalDJ

uhh lemme remind u people

No Warez (links) & Cracks: help. requests or posts that discuss circumvention

DigitalDJ

DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK THAT "GOTOA-STORE-ANDBU-YACOP-YOFXP" key works????? if you do your stupid

also i tested the key for you: (output from keytester)

WindowsXP CDKey Tester v0.90, by Jeremy Collake

http://www.CollakeSoftware.com

email: support@collakesoftware.com

----------------------------------------------

PIDGEN.DLL build: 5.1.2600.0 (xpclient.010817-1148)

Pid: 55274270

Testing format of key: invalid character: O

"The key should be given in the format "XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX" with valid characters being "BCDFGHJKMPQRTVWXY2346789".

Originally posted by DigitalDJ

uhh lemme remind u people

No Warez (links) & Cracks: help. requests or posts that discuss circumvention

PLEASE!!! SHUT UP!! ROFL that wasn't warez so stfu :p

Originally posted by RaINE

providing you have a retail copy, then you can activate as much as you want, having a retail copy you should know this

I don't have XP. I'm using Win 2k. Got it for free through some student license thing in my school. Anyway, I heard that if you reactivate too many times in a certain period of time, you wouldn't be able to activate online anymore. You'd actually have to call MS up. Um, clarify this for me. I want XP.

I have SP1 (V. 1073) installed and it runs fine. Well, on the surface I really cannot tell the difference except for the addtional feature, "Set Program and Access and Defaults."

And I noticed that since Monday, SP1 download sites were down and SP1 is apparently not available on sites. Someone actually told me it was so because the build 1073 is actually vey close to the final version of SP1 before MS release it on August.

Is that true?

haha, well i doubt 1073 is final or anywhere near final... they got more work to do.!! I love getting these betas!