The OFFICIAL Windows XP SP1 Thread

success again with 1097 and corporate xp!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you, thank you

You have been a great audience!!!

any questions raid517?

*note the time difference 2 hours 2 minutes

FWIW, I've successfully slipstreamed DO "Corp Ed" and sp1's 1086,1090 and 1097 using the method posted by werejag. I made it bootable by adapting Binks' Win2000 Nero/bootable instructions and the "boot.bin" file in Binks' XP EZCD/bootable instructions. I've successfully installed (using a genned CD key) all of these sp1s and used Windows Update with them. So it can be done.

BTW - raid517, I use removable HDD racks and an extra HDD when I do these experiments. Leaves my "real" OS install safely out of the way. I can play around to my heart's content with these betas and just switch out the HDDs when I'm done and be ready to rock.

You could accomplish the same thing without an extra HDD if you used a disk imaging program like Powerquest Drive Image. Make an image of your primary OS, play with sp1 betas, reimage your primary OS when you're finished.

Originally posted by Ralf Hutter

FWIW, I've successfully slipstreamed DO "Corp Ed" and sp1's 1086,1090 and 1097 using the method posted by werejag. I made it bootable by adapting Binks' Win2000 Nero/bootable instructions and the "boot.bin" file in Binks' XP EZCD/bootable instructions. I've successfully installed (using a genned CD key) all of these sp1s and used Windows Update with them. So it can be done.

BTW - raid517, I use removable HDD racks and an extra HDD when I do these experiments. Leaves my "real" OS install safely out of the way. I can play around to my heart's content with these betas and just switch out the HDDs when I'm done and be ready to rock.

You could accomplish the same thing without an extra HDD if you used a disk imaging program like Powerquest Drive Image. Make an image of your primary OS, play with sp1 betas, reimage your primary OS when you're finished.

Ralf Hutter

thanks for your support.

i used winiso to strip the iso and used its empty carcas for the booting part!

raid517,

hi! how is it going?

Is there anyway of telling if you have a fake SP1 1097? The file size was the same as 1090 and it feels lick thers something not right with it! Oh and I now have this strange file in my C: called 566d39ef8d70b74ab9f7624d993c1aba it has tons of files and folders in it, anybody have any idea what it is. Any help would be great thanks.

Originally posted by jayp6969

Download the UxTheme.dll Here

Link

SEE NO SPAM!!!!:p

No useless posts.

Datacenter Moderating Industries lol :p

Originally posted by SYNTHETIC

Is there anyway of telling if you have a fake SP1 1097? The file size was the same as 1090 and it feels lick thers something not right with it! Oh and I now have this strange file in my C: called 566d39ef8d70b74ab9f7624d993c1aba it has tons of files and folders in it, anybody have any idea what it is. Any help would be great thanks.

Each time you run the SP1 installer (120+ MB), it creates a random folder on the host drive, where it stores the updated SP-1 files. You can delete it either if you dont wanna install it, or if you already installed it

Originally posted by CdCViRus

Each time you run the SP1 installer (120+ MB), it creates a random folder on the host drive, where it stores the updated SP-1 files. You can delete it either if you dont wanna install it, or if you already installed it

Oh ok thanks.

All the patches and bug fixes since XP release + set access defaults

Also lets you uninstall M$ Sh!t, like IE, Windows Messenger, OE etc

Oh, yeah, also a few keys, which shall remain nameless, got blacklisted

It doesn't let you uninstall MS stuff, it just hides it, and prevents it from being used, if you so choose.

I wish it would uninstall crap you don't want. :(

Movie Maker, OE, and IE would be gone. :bandit:

Movie Maker is worthless, and I don't use it, I use Outlook for my email, and Mozilla for the net.

Good enough?

since installin sp1 1097 i rebooted reconnected and now my internet explorer wont display any sites i thought it may be my connection as i hear it happens sometimes, but i am able to browse sites in msn explorer, wierd stuff

Originally posted by Jaded1

Movie Maker is worthless, and I don't use it, I use Outlook for my email, and Mozilla for the net.

Good enough?

Like Outlook is any better than OE

Ok I finally got round to it. Sorry I've been busy. Well It turns out that eveyone here was a little right and a little wrong about the process of slip streaming SP1 into WinXP Corp. While the supplied information from the original post on iexbeta was correct, it was somewhat lacking in detail - as it assumed a relative degree of intimacy with the full contents of the WinXP Corp CD. This of course is not the case for everyone who uses Windows XP - as quite simply many people would probably not have the time or the patience to study the contents of their XP CDs in such great detail. What follows therefore is a dummies guide to slip streaming SP1 into Corp XP. It contains ammedmdments, contibutions and correctiomns from several sources, including, qweerjag, Epyx (the original iexbeta poster), Bink at www.windowsxp.nu and lastly myself. For anyone who thinks I am stealing werejag's thunder, this guide is written at the request and with the full approval of werejag himself. So here it is:

1) Extract all the folders in your service pack using Winrar (right click and select extract to xpsp1.whatever buildnumber you are using).

2) Open the service pack and look in the directory called IP and search for the two files called PIDGEN.DLL & DPCDLL.DL_ (Note the underscore)

3) Delete these files

4) Now do a search in the remaining service pack files for two files named IPSELPID.DLL & IPSELDPC.DLL

5) Copy these files to the IP directory on the service pack (the same directory you deleted the previous two files from).

6) Now rename IPSELPID.DLL to pidgen.dll and IPSELDPC.DLL to DPCDLL.DL_ (Be sure to replace the last L in this file name with an underscore i.e dll becomes DL_ )

7) Create a folder on your C drive called cdshare i.e: C:cdshare and copy all of the files on your corp CD to it.

8) Open the folder containing the service pack files

9) Create a folder in here called i336 and copy all the files in the service pack into this folder

10) You should now have a folder on your C drive called XPSP1 (whatever build number you have) which contains a folder called i386 which in turn should contain all the service pack files

11) Now go to your run command in your 'start' menu and enter the following command EXACTLY as it is written (remember to substitute the service pack name/number for the service pack

name/number you have).

C:xpsp1.10971386updateupdate.exe -S:C:cdshare

(The final build may not have a build number, just a name, so replace the build number with just xpsp1 or whatever the final name is).

12) Click ok

13) The slip streaming process should now begin.

14) When the process completes look in the folder you created on the your C drive called cdshare; in here you will find all your corp CD files fully updated to SP1 level!

15) Now follow Binks instructions (www.windowsxp.nu) for making your CD bootable, or alternamively just use WinISO to open an existing bootable CD image, delete the i386directory from here and replace it with your updated SP1 directory.

Please note that if you slipstream a beta servicepack you may not be able to use the resulting OS to upgrade to a future service pack, inckuding the final. This is intended purely as a proof of principal and should enable the rapid deployment of the service pack when it is finally released - so no waiting for a corporate service pack. The guide is also intended to be simple enough for anyone to follow, regardless of experience level, so if youve never slipstreamed a service pack before, this guide should make essential reading. I trust this information is helpful, if anyone should experience any difficulties, no matter how trivial, please post them here where Weerjag, myself and others will be pleased to offer their help.

Regards

R517

With Build 1097 of SP1 you do not need to delete or replace any files. The issue with Slipstreaming causing a corporate version to require retail keys has been fixed.