The OFFICIAL Windows XP SP1 Thread

Originally posted by Qba73

tried it, didnt work.

maybe when sp1 is officially released there will be an updated version of tweakui released that will work for sp1. the reason it may not work, as was pointed out earlier in the thread, is b/c since sp1 is in beta the build number is displayed and the only way of not displaying it is by locking the web desktop items or something like that.

Originally posted by codyg11

maybe when sp1 is officially released there will be an updated version of tweakui released that will work for sp1. the reason it may not work, as was pointed out earlier in the thread, is b/c since sp1 is in beta the build number is displayed and the only way of not displaying it is by locking the web desktop items or something like that.

all in all doesnt bother me much, when i apply the final should go away.

Does the update only effect the fckgw key or does it mess up others with diff cd keys?

cause i got a few from my friend that dont start with these that he got from a legit copy.

Originally posted by RaGnAzN

Installed with no problem only thing i can't use style xp and themes with it so gotta use the bubbly old xp interface :(

Redo the uxtheme.dll crack, that's why, when you installed sp1 it put in the microsoft one, so just redownload the crack from tgtsoft and reapply it.

Originally posted by Qba73

i think i know what there gonna do,...the only blacklisted key will be the fckgw key, along with ones they have seen posted in forums. generated ones for the regular pro and home editions will work because they are in fact unique keys (virgin) ms shot themselves in the foot with the unique key feature..lol.

as far as the list is concerned the only way is through windows update locking you out if the pid is the hash of a generated or blacklisted key. i have been told that the final would have an encrypted list of blacklisted keys, the crack would lie in removing this file from sp1 and wala. but windows update would still lock you out :(

so sumtotal you said nothing or did i miss something !! i understand product id and activation very well. thank you!

well, i cant find the download site from neowin (one that works) so im gonna check out the M$- OEM site to see if they have anything open for me there.... just in case, can someone pm me a link to a mirror for 1060+ ?

Originally posted by jwndw

Do a search for edb.log and rename both instances of it edb.old. If the log becomes corrupt, it will cause your problem.

good luck

ps: Anyone notice their memory usage went up with 1060 or is it just me?

that didn't work =(

yes the For testing purposes only is normal. Also just an update i skipped 1061 and just got 1063 instead. Its sitting on my box at home will install and post screenshots after work.

Does anyone have any problems with running add/remove programs from the control panel after installing SP1. I get some weird error message.. it happened with 1050 too. After i installed 1060, i rebooted the computer and went directly to add/remove programs to see if it would work. It did.. then I tried later on that day and got the error u see in the pic below.

addremov.JPG

Also.. I get the same error on my sister's computer too..

Originally posted by Flash

i have a question

if i remove registry key that contains alexa.. will my system not work properly? and does alexa go away completely?

can anyone tell me before i install sp1? :ermm:

Nope, I don't work for MS but have very close friends who do, I've even learned a few things about SP1 and the OEM build that will be very interesting once they come to light, I will not go into detail out of respect for my source and my friend but I wouldn't recommend installing the OEM build on an older machine/retail copy of XP once it is released, just a fair warning. I myself will probably use the last internal build i get until the RTW (w as in world?) build is released.

Originally posted by Flash

if i remove the key alexa has would that kill my system or will it just take away the spy?

can anyone tell me before i install sp1? :ermm:

:ponder: