• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

The OFFICIAL Windows XP SP1 Thread

ryanmcv    1

Khujo must have a special "friend" that works for Microsoft. ;)

*AristiA*    0

Ok, everyone is talking about this sp1....What does it do? and if you don't try to install it, will updates then be possible?

I may just go back to using xp home. It is a pain though because i have changed my puter specxs since it was last on so may not accept it (activation makes up a special code from your hardware and the os then sends that)

werejag    0

please read the forums *AristiA*

neo1980    0

Hey guys i have Windows XP Professional CORP version, so should i wait for a CORP version of SP1 or can i install any other SP, last time i installed the original SP it said after restart that my Logonui file was corrupt. so i havent installed it since

wI-OSMAN-    0

when the final SP1 comes out .. what should i use the OEM one or the SP1 on the ms's site

i bought a WinXP Home OEM version becase it was cheaper

werejag    0
Originally posted by neo1980

Hey guys i have Windows XP Professional CORP version, so should i wait for a CORP version of SP1 or can i install any other SP, last time i installed the original SP it said after restart that my Logonui file was corrupt. so i havent installed it since

A CORPARATE VERISION OF A SERVIVE PACK????

there wont be such a thing as far as i know.

SuperJediMedia    47

So, What IS NEW in this SP 1?

I am not talking about hotfixes, and patches, but an upgrade you know.

I heard there is a new version of Messenger, what new stuff does it do now?

And, Windows Media Player, what new features does it have?

Beastage    3

So where can I download the latest leaked SP1????

Chris123NT    361

Look on the front page buddy :p

Beastage    3

I did but its useless!!!!!!!!!!!!

wI-OSMAN-    0

anyone other links.. i tried to download but i get 0.80k sec which i should get 5k

ramesees    348

I'm assuming that IE6 SP1 is included with XP SP1, and if not when is the final code available for downloading??

vf-    37

hmm all these updates dont quite sound promising

sounds so many updates and patches for more bugs to happen :o

davegod75    0

guys 129.2.232.67 is not accepting downloads for the sp1 until i get the newer version so please stop hammering

Flash    1

what is this in my C:?

idwlog folder?

it has this in the text inside

Entered ServerOnLineThread().

[Wed Jun 26 20:12:08 2002] ServerOnLineThread - Try to create test file with logged-on user: pnptriageidwlogWHSTLTST4238923340.TST.

[Wed Jun 26 20:12:08 2002] ServerOnLineThread - Warning Logged-on file creation test CreateFile FAILed gle = 53.

[Wed Jun 26 20:12:08 2002] ServerOnLineThread - szRemoteName=pnptriage

[Wed Jun 26 20:12:08 2002] ServerOnLineThread - First try with Guest.

[Wed Jun 26 20:12:08 2002] ServerOnLineThread - ERROR Guest WNetAddConnection2 gle = 53.

[Wed Jun 26 20:12:08 2002] ServerOnLineThread - Second try with specific account.

[Wed Jun 26 20:12:08 2002] ServerOnLineThread - ERROR Specific user WNetAddConnection2 gle = 53.

[Wed Jun 26 20:12:08 2002] ServerOnLineThread - returning FALSE.

[Wed Jun 26 20:12:08 2002] IsServerOnLine - Trying connection to the server (i=1,4) nttriageidwlogWHSTL.

[Wed Jun 26 20:12:08 2002]

what is that?

Beastage    3

Dont worry its just M$ trying to spy on u ;)

werejag    0

yep they have your ip now. they know where you live

pagal    0

I have a weird problem...I installed SP1 v. 1063 and everything is working great and better than ever. However, if I go to system properties it doesn't say SP1. IE build number is exactly the same as what was posted on last page...

does anyone know why?

EDIT: Take a look at what I am talking about...Of course I had to copy and paste to show all of the About boxes in one ss. So, please don't say that its fake.

sp1-v1063.JPG

Another problem that I had was that for some reason sp1 uninstalled all the updates I downloaded from windows update. I had every single update before I started installing it, however after I was done there were only 4 in add/remove programs. So I checked windows update and there were 19 new updates there...did this happen to anyone else?

dpitman    0

what is the difference between the corp windows XP edition and the OEM?

Beastage    3

To Pagal : if u look closly u will notice that under updates (IE) SP1 has been added

and also "xpsp1" has been added to all build #

btw about the all windows updates lost , no fix for that sp1 includes all of those updates so when u remove sp1 u remove them all

pagal    0

Thanks for the feedback but that's not what I asked :(

I know that sp1 has been added, however if you look at the screenshot posted earlier, you'll see what I maen.

Also, about the updates, I never removed sp1...what I meant was that after I installed sp1 I had to download the updates again which I downloaded over the months.

EDIT: here's the screenshot posted earlier...

1060.jpg

Originally posted by Beast_4thHM

To Pagal : if u look closly u will notice that under updates (IE) SP1 has been added

and also "xpsp1" has been added to all build #

btw about the all windows updates lost , no fix for that sp1 includes all of those updates so when u remove sp1 u remove them all

wd40    16

Ever since I installed service pack 1050 and then 1060 I've been watching this file: C:idwlogIdwlog.log

Does anyone know what it's for? It's like the service pack is trying to call home or something. Here are a few random lines from the log to explain what I mean.

IsServerOnLine - Trying connection to the server (i=0,4) pnptriageidwlogWHSTL.

ServerOnLineThread - Try to create test file with logged-on user: pnptriageidwlogWHSTLTST241187234.TST.

IsServerOnLine - Trying connection to the server (i=1,4) nttriageidwlogWHSTL.

IsServerOnLine - Trying connection to the server (i=2,4) taxmanidwlogWHSTL.

IsServerOnLine - Trying connection to the server (i=3,4) ntcore2idwlogWHSTL.

ServerOnLineThread - Try to create test file with logged-on user: ntcore2idwlogWHSTLTST2335759924.TST.

ServerOnLineThread - Try to create test file with logged-on user: ntcore2idwlogWHSTLTST624994424.TST.

[Thu Jun 27 08:40:29 2002] ServerOnLineThread - Warning Logged-on file creation test CreateFile FAILed gle = 53.

[Thu Jun 27 08:40:29 2002] ServerOnLineThread - szRemoteName=ntcore2

[Thu Jun 27 08:40:29 2002] ServerOnLineThread - First try with Guest.

[Thu Jun 27 08:40:29 2002] ServerOnLineThread - ERROR Guest WNetAddConnection2 gle = 67.

[Thu Jun 27 08:40:29 2002] ServerOnLineThread - Second try with specific account.

[Thu Jun 27 08:40:29 2002] ServerOnLineThread - ERROR Specific user WNetAddConnection2 gle = 67.

[Thu Jun 27 08:40:29 2002] ServerOnLineThread - returning FALSE.

MyLogger ERROR fopen had a problem on (ntburnlab2joehollogs2600.1060IT-SPARE2

Flash    1
Originally posted by werejag

yep they have your ip now. they know where you live

uh.. all errors connecting.. so not so far :)

Curto    0

If anyone can supply me with the latest installer I'll put it on a website for all. I resell webhosting so I've got plenty of space/bandwidth available. to test the speed try downloading this .

Able to supply? email me and we'll get a stable mirror up :)

Borg77    0
Originally posted by wd40

Ever since I installed service pack 1050 and then 1060 I've been watching this file: C:idwlogIdwlog.log

Does anyone know what it's for? It's like the service pack is trying to call home or something. Here are a few random lines from the log to explain what I mean.

IsServerOnLine - Trying connection to the server (i=0,4) pnptriageidwlogWHSTL.

ServerOnLineThread - Try to create test file with logged-on user: pnptriageidwlogWHSTLTST241187234.TST.

IsServerOnLine - Trying connection to the server (i=1,4) nttriageidwlogWHSTL.

IsServerOnLine - Trying connection to the server (i=2,4) taxmanidwlogWHSTL.

IsServerOnLine - Trying connection to the server (i=3,4) ntcore2idwlogWHSTL.

ServerOnLineThread - Try to create test file with logged-on user: ntcore2idwlogWHSTLTST2335759924.TST.

ServerOnLineThread - Try to create test file with logged-on user: ntcore2idwlogWHSTLTST624994424.TST.

[Thu Jun 27 08:40:29 2002] ServerOnLineThread - Warning Logged-on file creation test CreateFile FAILed gle = 53.

[Thu Jun 27 08:40:29 2002] ServerOnLineThread - szRemoteName=ntcore2

[Thu Jun 27 08:40:29 2002] ServerOnLineThread - First try with Guest.

[Thu Jun 27 08:40:29 2002] ServerOnLineThread - ERROR Guest WNetAddConnection2 gle = 67.

[Thu Jun 27 08:40:29 2002] ServerOnLineThread - Second try with specific account.

[Thu Jun 27 08:40:29 2002] ServerOnLineThread - ERROR Specific user WNetAddConnection2 gle = 67.

[Thu Jun 27 08:40:29 2002] ServerOnLineThread - returning FALSE.

MyLogger ERROR fopen had a problem on (ntburnlab2joehollogs2600.1060IT-SPARE2

Its the file Microsoft uses to track their beta testers. It was in the XP betas. Its normal so just delete the file and you won't have any problems.