The OFFICIAL Windows XP SP1 Thread

Originally posted by Borg77

Its the file Microsoft uses to track their beta testers. It was in the XP betas. Its normal so just delete the file and you won't have any problems.

It logging possible errors that came with the SP1, you can turn it of with MSCONFIG

hehe, yeah.. i'd like to know and when can you give me this one.. I recently upgraded to 1063 (just this morning) and now this one too.... :)

They started about 10 minutes after this:

Started on 06/23/02 18:39:06]

[sun Jun 23 18:39:06 2002] Removing the Idwlog service.

[sun Jun 23 18:39:06 2002] In QueryServiceStatus: Error 5

[sun Jun 23 18:39:06 2002] Stopping Service...

[sun Jun 23 18:39:06 2002] In ControlService: Error 5

[sun Jun 23 18:39:06 2002] Finished Deleting Service.

and have continued since then. Stopping it from loading in startup stopped the log from continuing.

Jim

SP1 (1063) wouldn't install on my system.....came up with a "invalid product key, contact Microsoft bla bla".....I've used the "key changer" to change the product key, but I think I'll wait to install it until AFTER it's released to the public

:alien:

I think its based on the product id which is based on the cd key with which the OS was initially installed. I didn't tried to change the key and install before using SP1 just went straight for clean install with a new key. I'm certain you'll get the same results once it hits rtw also.

That screenshot is a fake. You can see easily that the '5' is not lined up properly with the other numbers and it is a much bolder black in the IE about box. Stop posting fake screen shots. :right:

i never have and never will post a fake screen shot, you can keep your jealous taunts to yourself, I honselty don't care what you think, I have nothing to gain by posting fake screenshots. And you obviosly have no clue of what you speak. As many people have probably noticed i have connections, nuff said.

Originally posted by Khujo

i never have and never will post a fake screen shot, you can keep your jealous taunts to yourself, I honselty don't care what you think, I have nothing to gain by posting fake screenshots. And you obviosly have no clue of what you speak. As many people have probably noticed i have connections, nuff said.

yeah, connections to people with altered screenshots. :p i am not jealous. do you think i really care about a build that is only 2 numbers higher than the one I already have? ha! you are mistaken. i don't think my system is going to turn to trash just because i dont have this installed. the people that download every single leaked build are the people that just want to brag to other people that they already have it. oh! they are sooooooo special! they have 1065 and i only have 1064!!! omg I think I'm gonna have a heart attack!!! :dead: find reality and hold on real tight buddy. :right:

There will not be a "corp" version of Service Pack 1 as it is not needed. The only key being blocked by SP1 so far is the FCKGW key. The company who owns that key is receiving a new one so Service Pack 1 can be installed.

Sorry guys, gotta change that key if you're using it.

Please stop emailing me asking for a mirror everyone! NOBODY has contacted me to supply me with a recent sp1 (I've only got build 1050... not worth sharing).

If anyone provides me with a working link of sp1 build 1060+ I'll host it and post the link in this forum... so unless you've got a link for me don't both emailing. :mad:

Originally posted by Y2kFox

The only key being blocked by SP1 so far is the FCKGW key. The company who owns that key is receiving a new one so Service Pack 1 can be installed.

is this for definate? i heard somewhere that many keys were being blocked, because theres more than fckgw floating about

I'm currently downloading build 1063 (not sure if it's cracked or anything...). It's 122MB with filename 1063_xpsp1.exe from a reliable (but un-nameable so don't ask ;)) source.

Once I finish I'll setup a mirror and post it in here (don't email me asking for the link, I'll post as soon as I can!).

I'd like to do a SFV or CRC of the file to post with it also... any recommended progs for this?

BTW, I'm still happy for anyone to contact me if they can obtain a more recent build of SP1 :D

The FCKGW key was pirated long time ago thats why MS blocked it , most ppl that use this key have a pirated copy of WinXP and they dont deserve SP1

Anybody knows how I can get rid of the message in the right bottom?? Thank God this is testmachine with a XP version "For testing purposes only" ;) This is btw not the infamous key.....

xp.jpg

Don't know if the pic is visible.....:(

LOL, believe what you want, and just don't download it once i find someone to host it. I really don't care, the reality is I have it and I'm tired of sending it to 6-7 people before it can get out further, I'm looking for one person with a fast connect to share it quicker. Just make sure you stay away from the link once it is hosted, since its so fake and all. The funny part is most people had no clue 1050 wasn't even current until i said otherwise, now i'm accused of fakes, how quickly people forget. (just curious why i didn't get flak about 1052, 1059, 1060, 1063...)

Originally posted by naap51stang

SP1 (1063) wouldn't install on my system.....came up with a "invalid product key, contact Microsoft bla bla".....I've used the "key changer" to change the product key, but I think I'll wait to install it until AFTER it's released to the public

:alien:

Nobody gets this but since I can't provide an answer not even by email, changing the key is NOT enuff, the WPA also does NOT change. The WPA on the illegal version only changes the last three numbers and states you have no cd roms. When MS updates you or you try SP1 the WPA gives you away as the product key plus the wpa= your product 50 character code.

well i can serve this puppy for a while. I only have 115KB upload per sec max but my downloads ROCK! hehe... if it's possible to share then someone PM me with some info on where to get it so i can host it for everyone. I'm using 1063 now and there's no problem with it at all....

oh and about that words on the screen issue.... here:

well either you leave it or just uninstall XP. It was there during the XP Beta days too and will be there. There is however something that i know works and someone posted a regkey thing that i never tried cuz it's no big deal to have some lil words down there...

by nicodareus:

Registry location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PanelDesktop

Create DWORD Value: PaintDesktopVersion = 0

but if that doesn't work then the other way i know (that works but has ill-effects) is:

display properties

desktop (tab)

customise desktop

Web (tab)

LOCK DESKTOP ITEMS

and click ok... it'll be gone but the Icons don't look so nice.. So choose..

/edit

by Dazzla and Codyg11

http://idisk.mac.com/dazzla/Public/PowerToySetup.exe

"in tweak ui, go to general, and at the bottom of the scroll box, uncheck the "show windows version on desktop."

They say it doesn't work but sure.. try it out...

I have a CORP key that is 'not' the FCK.. one, but after slipstreaming SP1 build 1063 to my CORP cd, it now comes up with 'invalid product key' does anyone know why this may be.

Thanx for any help

Jess