Buying speakers

Well i post a time ago i got a pioneer Elite Amp.

The I ask about wich speaker would be good for them and after reading a few things i was pretty shure that klipsch was the way to go. I calculated carefully and i was going to spend around 1k in 7.1 config buying different speakers for front and rear, plus a good center and sub.

Then last week talking to a friend of mine who is pretty much and audiophile he told me that if i did not want to spend over 2k and use huge speakers all around mi living room he would go for the infinity TSS-750.

they do not look as good as Klipsch or cerwing-vega but acording to him they sound really really good.

Somebody here have an opinion about that?

I did a bit of research for you and most reviews comcluded the following:

The setup performs better than it's price tag would indicate, but has a little trouble in the mid-bass range because of smaller drivers. This can be compensated for with some strategic speaker placement and careful tuning of the subwoofer.

However, you are comparing the price for this system to the price for a 7.1 Klipsch system. I don't think that's fair. I would still recommend going with, for two F-2's, C - 2, two S - 2's and a KSW-10. If price is a factor, you can lower it down to the "1" line instead of the "2".

Well..the only problem is that i Live in Paraguay..The Sub I will have to buy it from here cause shipping cost are awfull.

The ask me 360 $ for the JBL - 250p. I dont know how good are there.If i go for klipsch i will have to buy bookshelf sizes cause its the only way to keep my cost low. they dont sell klipscg here..

All i can get here is JBL, Acoustic Research,Infinity. Can I ask u later about Quality and price of what i been offered?

They ask me around 500$ for the Tss-750

i was also offered 550 for a similir setup from AcousticResearch..

585775792[/snapback]

Well I do trust AR a bit more, but I would need to know what the model is.

Well tomorrow i will go to the store again..but they sound pretty well and are really really small..Come in 2 colors silver and black. Plastic casing..

Any Ideas?

You have to be careful that they aren't too small. Remember, the infinity's have small drivers as it is, although it can be worked around. You don't want to go too much smaller unless the speakers are of a much higher quality.

They are not that smaller. I was thinking in buying the AR system and then a pair of Ar Bookshelf for front.As my system is 7.1.

I just need to know are the AR better than the Infinitys..Would you go for them..?

The other choice is to buy evrything separate..

I still prefer buying everything separately, but I would probably go for the Infinity in your case. I don't see why you are in such a rush to go 7.1. Nothing is encoded in 7.1 yet and it's just a waste right now. It would be much more beneficial to get a good 5.1 system than a poorer quality 7.1.

Yes u are rigth...i will end up getting 5.1 first and the 2 extra ones later...

If u would buy everything separate but had to choose between AR, JBL, Infinity for everything and spend less that 1k if its possible..Can u recommend me something...?

I would probably look at JBL then. Their cheap stuff isn't that good, but in the price ranges your looking at, JBL makes some very nice budget equipment.