• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Age calculation for leap year

thomson    0

I just wonder how do people born in February 29 count their age?

Are their age goes up 1 per 4 year?

kingbob    0

They just celebrate it a day before or after Feb. 29. Duh.

iShakeel    0
I just wonder how do people born in February 29 count their age?

Are their age goes up 1 per 4 year?

585775310[/snapback]

:woot: now thats the best piece of logic i have seen in a long long time :). no seriously, are u urself 4 yr old or have had some pot right now?

SweetRiverBaynes    7

Seriously, who would celebrate it the day after.

tlogank    1

but legally there birthday only occurs once every 4 years, are there any members here born on that day?

kawai    0
but legally there birthday only occurs once every 4 years, are there any members here born on that day?

585775402[/snapback]

legally your birthday != legally your age

gotta remember that though

Martyn    5

lol thats good.

Mike    89

585775402[/snapback]

i know someone whose dad was born on feb 29th, he just celebrates it on the 28th on non-leap years and if you go by your logic, the guy i know is older than his dad :p

thomson    0

:p I see

I saw a post in another forum asking who born in Feb,29 so I am curious how their age is calculated :rolleyes:

so that mean their legal age still goes up by 1 per year right

kawai    0
:p I see

I saw a post in another forum asking who born in Feb,29 so I am curious how their age is calculated :rolleyes:

so that mean their legal age still goes up by 1 per year right

585775526[/snapback]

obviously...

a year is defined by but a date, but by the amount of days that've been passed

it's 365 during the non-leap years and 366 during leap

it's just happened to be that for most ppl that their birthday is the same every year

lav-chan    0

I explained this in the other thread about leap-year birth days. Technically the leap day every 4 years occurs on the day after the 23rd of February, not the 28th. In other words, you could say that leap day is the '24th' of February, not the 29th. The 29th is just the 28th pushed back one day. So, if you were born on the 29th of February, you should celebrate your birth day on the 28th in non-leap years. (Because they're the same day.)

(This is no longer legally true in some countries; the European Union, for example, declared a few years ago that leap day will officially be the 29th. But historically it's still the day after the 23rd.)

If you were born in the 24th of February during a leap year, i suppose, historically, you should celebrate your birth day on the 23rd in non-leap years, because the Romans actually considered them both the 23rd of February.

Martyn    5

My dad's birthday is sandwitched in between the 23rd and 29th.

His is the 26th BTW. :)

Shycho    1

My Grandad was born on a leap year so technically i am older than him, he celebrates his birthday on the 28/2 everyone else tries to get it celebrated on the 03/1

Power Surge    0

nice concept, needs to be proofread. :p

Erich    6

1 earth year is 365.25 earth days. Every 365.25 earth days I'm a year older, I don't know about you guys though...

Milan -    0

i have no idea but i do know if someone is born on 29th feb and say they're 40 they actually are only 10 but really they are 40 ?!?!??!?!?!!? :unsure:

lav-chan    0

Clearly this is a question for the ages.

Dom    2
1 earth year is 365.25 earth days. Every 365.25 earth days I'm a year older, I don't know about you guys though...

585778178[/snapback]

Agree with you there

[M]    0

people who have their birthdey on the 29th of feb only celebrate the actual day they were born on once every four years (every leap year), but that doesn't mean that they are four years old. you would just minus three days off, since they don't celebrate their actual birthday during those years.

Ryanjmchale    8

The longest time between two leap years is 8 years. Last time was between 1896 and 1904. The next time will be between 2096 and 2104. Looks like alot of people will have to wait 8 years for a birthday in 91 years time :)

nichobra0    0

i am born on leap year Feb 29 2004 and i usually celebrate it on the 28th but this year its on the 29th

cork1958    1,818

Personally, if I had been born on the 29th of Feb., I'd try to see what day, before or after, falls on a weekend! Better excuse to party my a** off!! Otherwise wouldn't matter how old it made me as it's just another year gone by, no matter how you want to figure it.