UXTheme Multi-Patcher (Neowin Edition) 4.0

This program will patch your uxtheme.dll file so you can use any 3rd party visual style on Windows XP/SP1/SP2 and Windows Server 2003/SP1. File protection dialogs should be cancelled and a reboot is required after using this patch.

Patched Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 systems with this program can be unpatched by running this program again.

What's new in version 4.0

-Added 64-bit support (not 100% work)

-Added few delay (about 2.5 seconds) in some tasks to make it done before doing next task (which I assume it solve some issues)

-Added Windows Server 2003 SP1 support

-Added stopping Themes service during patching for more success chance

UXTheme_Multi_Patcher_4.0.zip

Edited by Frank

Question: Why add...

-Added 64-bit support (not 100% work) if it doesn't work?

Question: Why add...

-Added 64-bit support (not 100% work) if it doesn't work?

585778086[/snapback]

Indeed. Just stick to manually patching your file as it has a better outcome rate, https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=182900

The amount of problems I've heard people having with your patch is ridicolous and why go and take Rafael's patched files and make an installer that doesn't work?

Windows X, come back onto IRC btw, so lovely to see you in "that" channel :whistle:

i have the latest windows updates. after patching with this version 4, my internet explorer can't seem to open. it has the error msg of ModName: xpbar.dll. but whenever i revert back to the original uxtheme.dll it works. anyone has any idea how to solve it?

i have the latest windows updates. after patching with this version 4, my internet explorer can't seem to open. it has the error msg of ModName: xpbar.dll. but whenever i revert back to the original uxtheme.dll it works. anyone has any idea how to solve it?

585786091[/snapback]

what happens if you patch manually?

i installed it and it said it found windows nt files, im running windows xp. can someone help me with this?

585817488[/snapback]

do it manually: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=182900

didymus , I guess you've caught by soem spyware or adware that add ie toolbar or something.

sabretoooth, check the path that program reported. It has setup files which could make patch fails. To fix it, rename that folder and run patch again.

i really need help guys!

after installing neowin 4.0 patch, it toally screwed up my visual styles

now all the text and background on my screen is black except for browing online.

even going into safe mode wont work!

i want to change it through the control panel but i can't even do that becuz i cant see what's in it...

if i could somehow get the 2.5.1 patch which didn't have this problem i think i could fix it, but the patch is not on the site!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

awww please help me

well things makes a turn for the worse, i have the 2.5.1 patch but i cant install it becuz i cant even see what its doing..... i just wanna friggin shoot myself ahhhhhh

well i could try to uninstall 4.0... now uh since i can't really see anything other than a black box i'm gonna have to use my instincts on what to select

since i cant see what i'm selecting, maybe somebody can write me a step by step walkthrough to uninstalling 4.0 and installing 2.5.1

basically like 1. double click on 4.0

2. dialog box pops up, select ok or cancel (tell me how many times to press tab to get to the selection), since im totally doing this blind...

well i could try to uninstall 4.0... now uh since i can't really see anything other than a black box i'm gonna have to use my instincts on what to select

since i cant see what i'm selecting, maybe somebody can write me a step by step walkthrough to uninstalling 4.0 and installing 2.5.1

basically like 1. double click on 4.0

2. dialog box pops up, select ok or cancel (tell me how many times to press tab to get to the selection), since im totally doing this blind...

585845779[/snapback]

do it manually this time: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=312381

use replacer. you should be able to see those.

also tell us what version (xp, uxtheme.dll, etc.) you're using.

sorry i'm totaly newb...But what is the most interest of this patch ?? when styleXP is install and evrythings work good... ?

585846257[/snapback]

because the uxtheme hack:

-is simpler

-doesn't waste resources (stylexp has to patch in memory, so wastes resources)

-is completely free.

why should i spend money on something when i can get something better for free? that's my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

did anybody test this on 2003SP1 ?

before SP1 everything worked but now i can't apply my hmmXP anymore.

i removed any SP1 update cache files. there's no other uxtheme.dll on my harddisk but the patched one in system directory and in dllcache directory and i have no windows cd in my drive.

Hi,

I just downloaded this and *tried* to install it, however it says that I have NT files in my c:/windows/ folder and tells me to remove my NT disc.

However I know that I am running Windows XP SP2.

What should I do?

thanks,

pzgamer825