UXTheme Multi-Patcher (Neowin Edition) 4.0

Though I applied the patch.. its not working... if I double click a visual style.. its opening the appearcence settings, but its not changing anything. :wacko:

Though I applied the patch.. its not working... if I double click a visual style.. its opening the appearcence settings, but its not changing anything. :wacko:

586080870[/snapback]

you double-click it and the vs loads in the appearance tab correctly? what happens when you press "ok" or "apply"? nothing at all? does it freeze?

make sure you delete all instances of uxtheme.dll not in system32, set the themes service to automatic, and put the vs in the proper folder: c:\windows\resources\themes\vs name.

you could also try manual patching. sometimes the patcher doesn't work.

EDIT: I figured out how to do it manually and it now works. Thank you :)

you double-click it and the vs loads in the appearance tab correctly?? what happens when you press "ok" or "apply"?? nothing at all?? does it freeze?

It just displays the skin that I am using now.

make sure you delete all instances of uxtheme.dll not in system32, set the themes service to automatic, and put the vs in the proper folder: c:\windows\resources\themes\vs name.

So you want me to delete uxtheme.dll from that folder:blink:nk:

How do I set theme service to automatic?

you could also try manual patching.? sometimes the patcher doesn't work.

586081933[/snapback]

How do I do the manual patching?

Thanks a lot for your help:); :)

Edited by .ark

Could someone email me the latest version of this, the URL doesn't appear to work anymore...

michaelgabriel@gmail.com

I am running x64 and wanting to see it it works for me or not.

Damn this sucks.  None of the patchers work and the links for the uxtheme file in the guide doesn't work either.  You guys suck.  :huh:

586151164[/snapback]

Would you mind respect the efforts others are trying to help you HERE

:whistle:

Thanks a lot dreamz, I kept finding links for it but they all seemed to be broken. It says copy failed when I try to switch them, maybe I need to do it in safe mode?