UXTheme Multi-Patcher (Neowin Edition) 4.0

Please help me! I use this multipatcher when I use XP SP1, but when I install SP2, the uxtheme.dll isn't patched, but when I am willing to patch the uxtheme.dll in SP2, it says that the uxtheme.dll is already patched! What can I do to resolve this situation??

Thanx.

I lost my Windows XP theme! How do I get it back?

586326753[/snapback]

well, if you didn't delete it yourself, it should still be there. patching doesn't remove any files.

check c:\windows\resources\themes. is it in there? if so, then you need to re-patch or turn on the themes service (run > services.msc). if not, extract it from your xp cd.

Please help me! I use this multipatcher when I use XP SP1, but when I install SP2, the uxtheme.dll isn't patched, but when I am willing to patch the uxtheme.dll in SP2, it says that the uxtheme.dll is already patched! What can I do to resolve this situation??

Thanx.

586328662[/snapback]

do it manually: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=339820

Just let it uninstall and reinstall again.

586328669[/snapback]

How to do that?? I can't seem to uninstall from add/remove program in control panel.

I get this message when I tried to run the patcher:

"Neowin UXTheme Multi-Patcher v4.0 has detected that there's any Windows NT setup file in C:\windows\

It's not recommend you to continue with this. Please eject your Windows NT CD or move your setup files to other path. Press OK to exit patch."

:wacko: Help?

:whistle: ok guys this is a new "hint" for pacher 4.0.....

http://www.winterkvist.com/index.php?name=...=getit&lid=2710

and this is for 2.0

http://themes.belchfire.net/index.php?showtopic=8767 :devil:

hope u enjoy them and have fun.... :p

ps: if it does not work(it should work with spk2 these 2) try the Replacer

http://www.babooforum.com.br/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=350698 :x

• 2 weeks later...

ok i have a wee problem with the patcher, ive just got a new laptop for my bday and i want to be able to apply new visual styles,

but when i use the patcher i get the error, "neowin uxtheme multi-patcher v4.0 has detected that there's any windows NT setup file in C:\"

so what am i supposed to do now??

if im to patch the uxtheme manually which file do i get...as im using xp home with sp 2....any help on this would be much appreciated...thanks

ok i have a wee problem with the patcher, ive just got a new laptop for my bday and i want to be able to apply new visual styles,

but when i use the patcher i get the error, "neowin uxtheme multi-patcher v4.0 has detected that there's any windows NT setup file in C:\"

so what am i supposed to do now??

if im to patch the uxtheme manually which file do i get...as im using xp home with sp 2....any help on this would be much appreciated...thanks

586429524[/snapback]

do it manually.

follow my guide: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=339820

i even post the appropriate file there.

yeah that doeznt help me for the uxtheme im looking for v5.1 build 2600 xpsp.sp2. 050301-1519sp2 home edition

586430114[/snapback]

home/pro doesn't matter, and if you did the latest updates, it should still work (i use that file on my system, with windows updates).

give it a shot. the worst that can happen is the loss of visual style use. if that happens, just restore the backup or replace it with a different version.

trust me. :)

well thanks for the help...just bout to reboot so ill let you know in uno momento

p.s.

jus checked now....works like a charm...thanks a lot for the help much appreciated :D

Edited by 187NoToRiOuS

I just patched my UXTheme.dll about half an hour ago, and I am pleased with the results thank Windows X.

I have one flaw in it, it changes the Deer Park Alpha 2 icon on the Start Menu, to that of the Firefox logo - even though it is the next version of Firefox, it has a different logo until it is a final release. :)

well thanks for the help...just bout to reboot so ill let you know in uno momento

p.s.

jus checked now....works like a charm...thanks a lot for the help much appreciated  :D

586433954[/snapback]

what did i tell ya? :happy:

It doesn't work on windows XP MCE 2005 uxtheme

586434252[/snapback]

what did you use? the patcher?

Why not simply use Style XP and get it over with?

586450789[/snapback]

because:

-it's shareware, but the uxtheme hack is completely free.

-stylexp runs in the background while the uxtheme hack is permanent (hence, it doesn't need to run at all).

-i hate installing applications (clutters up my system). why should i install something to do what a simple file swap does without wasting money and resources?

those are my reasons. other people may have different opinions.

• 2 weeks later...

the damn uxtheme.dll patched my system and nothing happens. I cannot use themes. I used both options available including the manual patch and blah! Nothing.. Any suggestions?

stiff

the damn uxtheme.dll patched my system and nothing happens. I cannot use themes. I used both options available including the manual patch and blah! Nothing.. Any suggestions?

stiff

586520201[/snapback]

could you at least provide us with some information? did you use the correct version? how did you apply the style? what happens when you double-click it? did you turn on the themes service?

• 2 weeks later...

It worked without needing a reboot. There was some error halfway, but it finished fine if I clicked Ignore. I then re-enabled the Theme service and I could apply 3rd party themes again.

I have had the 2.0 version installed for about a year now and I've had no bigs problems with it so I was wondering if I should upgrade or just comtinue using what I have. I've been reading through this topic and the problems people have been having kinda make me scared to upgrade.

I have had the 2.0 version installed for about a year now and I've had no bigs problems with it so I was wondering if I should upgrade or just comtinue using what I have.  I've been reading through this topic and the problems people have been having kinda make me scared to upgrade.

586618380[/snapback]

uh, there's no need to "upgrade." 4.0 isn't an upgrade. it's just a newer patcher that can patch more systems. if you're patched, patching again won't do anything.