UXTheme Multi-Patcher (Neowin Edition) 4.0

Is there any reason to upgrade the patcher if I already applied a previous one.

no. what would that do?

i explained it already here: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=339820

Q: What is uxtheme?

A: Uxtheme.dll is the file in Windows XP that controls the theming engine. By default, uxtheme.dll is locked, so third party (i.e. non-Microsoft) visual styles cannot be used. Fortunately, it is easy to unlock uxtheme.dll to allow the use of non-Microsoft visual styles.

all the patcher does is replace the file. using another patcher isn't going to do anything except replace the file again.

OK. So I've learnt my lesson. I shudve read the thread before downloading and installing the damn thing.

I ran the Patcher, and it rebooted my pc, after which windows refuses to start up. At the point where it says "windows is starting up", right before the login screen should come, the computer freezes. I've tried system restore, uninstalling the patch in safe mode, reinstalling and uninstalling agian, turning off the theming service.

Can someone pls help me get my windows up and running! I have MAJOR homework assignments due, and without my laptop I'm doomed.

danish

Excellent! Nice to see the uxtheme patch has come along way since, but one thing... Is the 64 patch different or would a 32 patch be fine, seeing as its just XP but with added 64 capabilities

OK. So I've learnt my lesson. I shudve read the thread before downloading and installing the damn thing.

I ran the Patcher, and it rebooted my pc, after which windows refuses to start up. At the point where it says "windows is starting up", right before the login screen should come, the computer freezes. I've tried system restore, uninstalling the patch in safe mode, reinstalling and uninstalling agian, turning off the theming service.

Can someone pls help me get my windows up and running! I have MAJOR homework assignments due, and without my laptop I'm doomed.

danish

do you have a copy of the original uxtheme.dll? if so, you can boot off the xp cd and, using the recovery console, delete the current uxtheme.dll and restore the backup.

do you have a copy of the original uxtheme.dll? if so, you can boot off the xp cd and, using the recovery console, delete the current uxtheme.dll and restore the backup.

I had the same problem with this one.. i think this needs a rework.. it f*cks up people's computer..IHMO.

the multi-patcher is not working at all for me.. i've tried it three times over now.

does anyone know where i can find a patched uxtheme.dll for "Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519 : Service Pack 2"?

the vortex.info site is.. useless. it's just a bunch of random information and ads.

edit: nevermind.. found it at softpedia. cheers.

:)

Edited by phineas