(?) Ordering Tiger!

What's Student ID's? Sorry this is new to me...

585785113[/snapback]

Well if you show that you are a student, and have proof if it, apple will let you have a student discount

What's Student ID's? Sorry this is new to me...

585785113[/snapback]

The ID card that you get when you register for school (and that they charge you some obscene fee to reprint when you lose it).

The ID card that you get when you register for school (and that they charge you some obscene fee to reprint when you lose it).

585785124[/snapback]

yep, but it helps if you know the person who makes the ID's :whistle:

Apple does not do software discounts at the retail store, they only do hardware discounts at the store. You can use your software discount at the online store though. They do ask for your ID at the retail store, anyone can use the discount at the online store :ninja:

Apple does not do software discounts at the retail store, they only do hardware discounts at the store. You can use your software discount at the online store though. They do ask for your ID at the retail store, anyone can use the discount at the online store  :ninja:

585785153[/snapback]

Apple retails stores will give you education discount for both software and hardware if you can prove that you are a student. I got my Powerbook and AppleCare there at the education rate.

Apple does not do software discounts at the retail store, they only do hardware discounts at the store. You can use your software discount at the online store though. They do ask for your ID at the retail store, anyone can use the discount at the online store  :ninja:

585785153[/snapback]

Some will, I got panther at a store for $69.

When I went to buy iWork at the retail store I was told I couldn't use my student discount on software. I had my ID and all the credentials. I did use it to buy my iBook though.

I got accepted to my college of choice and the Apple Online Store says that's enough to qualify... that's how I got my copy of Tiger. Don't have to be an enrolled student to be eligible.

I got accepted to my college of choice and the Apple Online Store says that's enough to qualify... that's how I got my copy of Tiger. Don't have to be an enrolled student to be eligible.

585785818[/snapback]

You'll have to show your Letter of Acceptance upon request but that's not gonna happen.

i used my discount (so far) on a iMac, and AppleCare (iMac online AppleCare by phone) and i never got asked for anything (on the phone they didn't even ask where i went to school!)

Thanks for everybodies replies I have already succesfully orderd my copy. I'm new too mac got a mac mini 1.42 upgraded my ram to 512 and put in a super drive. I have never felt so happy about owning a computer, untill now " it is like the deffrince between owning a porsche or a volkswagon", what would you rather have Peace out all and thanks agian for your replise. :) :)