Using a pc subwoofer on Home Theatre

Hello, i am wondering if it is possible to use my Cambridge Soundworks FPS 2000 subwoofer on my home theatre, since i don't have a sub yet. Since it's a different connection than the regular home audio ones i bought an adapter to maybe hook it up. I tried doing so and nothing worked...Is there something i missed or I just can't do it due to the amp on the sub. Oh, it uses a Digital Din connection to The digital one on the back of the sound card. Is it that?

Thanks, have a good one

post-40561-1113769162.jpg

I don't think there would be a good way to do this. The problem is the digital DIN and the fact that your home stereo probably sends it's own channel specific output. With the FPS2000 the sub is also the channel sender (sends to the other speakers). Your home stereo might also not be compatible with a powered sub.

What kind of stereo are you using? What speakers are you using with it right now?

My amp is a Panasonic SA-XR15 with some homemade speakers. but what if i were to use some wire to basically "short" the speaker connections so it acts as if there is a speaker connected?