After a year of unemployment and a year of prison

a quick thought, scooby bitching about Copy protection and activation keys. Could it be because.........never mind. let everyone ponder that.

585843035[/snapback]

An answer to question "What he's working for?" probably could put everything in its right place.. :) Maybe I'm mistaken, so nevermind - let's leave it the way it is.

Shane - good luck!

I knew I wasn't the only one who thinks it's wrong to be praising him on his "accomplishments". People just don't understand the impact Shane and others have had on the software industry. and I don't mean a good impact either.

Again, I'm sorry to have been so harsh in earlier posts but that does not change my point of view. I'll just be a little more civil in my wording.

I never said that. I said it's become more of a pain in the ass to install software, not that it couldn't be done. Please refrain from putting words in my mouth.

This coming from someone who was what, 12 years old by the time razor was done...

585841700[/snapback]

Actually you couldn't be anymore wrong, nice try though. I don't see why that would make a difference whether it was true or not though.

They interviewed someone today and I'm supposedly still the pick thus far, however, the manager told my friend that they still have more interviews to do. Well poo. We thought the interview today was the last one. Here I was all excited thinking it was almost over and that I might find out something today or tomorrow. :argh:

Oh well, I guess I'll find out more next week. Thanks again to everyone for all your kind thoughts and wishes of good luck!

Damn dude i was hoping you'd get it, But hey have you thought of trying to apply at another company?

585844842[/snapback]

I have mailed out many many applications and resumes since I got home. This was the first response I had gotten from any company thus far.

Damn dude i was hoping you'd get it, But hey have you thought of trying to apply at another company?

585844842[/snapback]

He still might get it. You make it seem like they picked someone else already. :rolleyes:

I have mailed out many many applications and resumes since I got home. This was the first response I had gotten from any company thus far.

585845133[/snapback]

Have you looked into any of the universities in NC? They seem to be always hiring.

But of course, it'll be ideal if you get this job. Good luck!

Have you looked into any of the universities in NC? They seem to be always hiring.

But of course, it'll be ideal if you get this job. Good luck!

585845666[/snapback]

I've applied and sent resumes to UNC Charlotte and Lenoir Rhyne College and haven't gotten any response. It's too far to commute to most of the other schools in the state.

a book? about what? A guy who was too cheap to purchase software and got busted for it? Yea, number one seller there. No offense but you were a petty thief and nothing more. You did the crime and paid the time. No need to write a book about it.

585836742[/snapback]

ROFL

does that make everybody a thief?

any updates?

*cough homeworld 2*

585857032[/snapback]

No updates yet. I won't find out anything new until tomorrow (Monday) at the earliest. Supposedly they still have interviews to do. I should know more some time tomorrow though.

Shane man, in case this falls through, some other opportunities out there which are probably in high demand is being a federal air marshell, working for homeland defense, or getting a technical position in the armed forces.

Shane man, in case this falls through, some other opportunities out there which are probably in high demand is being a federal air marshell, working for homeland defense, or getting a technical position in the armed forces.

585858938[/snapback]

He's going to need security clearance for that. Which probably means that he''ll have to be pardoned for his previous crimes, esp since they were computer related.

Shane, I wish you luck. Hopefully they'll hire you, you seem like a nice guy. :yes:

Have you ever considered retraining for another industry, especially since computer related hobbies/activities related in imprisonment? Personally speaking, I would hate to work with computers afterwards.

Personally, I think that with your experience, you will have no problems getting the job.

And btw, what Operating System do you use?

seeing as i've only got thru 4 pages of this thread.. im going to "second" the idea of you writing a book. i'll buy it! i'm curious about razor and all that stuff.

and i never read!!! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!! :D :D :D

edit - ok i'm only on page 8 now this is crazy. you've posted enough in here to write a book with :laugh:

Edited by no-sweat

This may **** some people off but I don't really care.

I don't understand how you can be praising this guy. I mean all the 'wow, i don't know how you got through it, bla, bla, bla's'.

What was he supposed to do? Just kill himself.

He did what he did, got busted, rightfully, was given a punishment as to be made an example of, i.e a longer sentence than perhaps others would recieve, and now he's out and trying to get a job.

I mean yes, i'm glad your now legit and actually trying to get a job etc, not gong back to what you did.

Yes he's trying to get a job, but i have a job, its crappy but im still a student, my mum has a job, my dad has a job, all my brothers have jobs, my gf has a job.

The only exceptional thing i see here is that this guy actually got busted for what he did.

I agree with scoobydoobie a few pages back.

585841452[/snapback]

Stop with the immature flamebait and flaming you guys. I don't care if you're on his side or against, but act mature about it.

585841606[/snapback]

Scooby, your a annoying poster. You annoy almost everyone here so why dont you just leave, because more and more members are starting to wake up to how annoying you truly are.

Good Luck Mr. Pitman