Winamp CD Case Beta 8

Insanekiwi and anyone else having problems with it freezing and getting errors try either/both of these:

Uncheck Fade image & Fade notifier in Options >> General

Uncheck Download cover automatically in Options >> Download

I'm using beta 9 build 56 doing both of the above, and am not having any more problems at all. Error 364 only happens when fading is enabled. I don't need the Amazon search much since I have covers for most of my music. Doing a Google Image search is actually better, anyway. Leave that enabled if you want to use the function, it might just be the fade effect that's freezing it up, combined with tags it doesn't like.

EDIT: I just realized Carlos already mentioned this briefly, I guess this is almost redundant...but hey, this is my 500th post on my one year anniversary of joining Neowin, w00t! :p

Edited by Yochanan

Love this its cool!, anyway heres another screenshot if anyone wanted another

post-35815-1114384289_thumb.jpg

585824258[/snapback]

OMGOMGOMG PLEASE can I have that wallpaper!!!!!! :yes: :yes: :woot: :woot: :o :o

so you mean wcc might be crashed by a id3v2 tag? because my mp3s have either id3v1, id3v2 or sometimes both. i'll check and watch which songs might crash it.

586707677[/snapback]

Yes. There are some ID3v2 tags that can make WCC freeze. But I can adjust if I have the song with those tags... I have lot of songs with ID3v2 tags and all goes fine. It's probably a non standard ID3v2 frame that WCC can't handle.

Insanekiwi and anyone else having problems with it freezing and getting errors try either/both of these:

Uncheck Fade image & Fade notifier in Options >> General

Uncheck Download cover automatically in Options >> Download

I'm using beta 9 build 56 doing both of the above, and am not having any more problems at all. Error 364 only happens when fading is enabled. I don't need the Amazon search much since I have covers for most of my music. Doing a Google Image search is actually better, anyway. Leave that enabled if you want to use the function, it might just be the fade effect that's freezing it up, combined with tags it doesn't like.

EDIT: I just realized Carlos already mentioned this briefly, I guess this is almost redundant...but hey, this is my 500th post on my one year anniversary of joining Neowin, w00t!  :p

586707795[/snapback]

Remember that you can manually download a cover too. Double click case or using right click context menu...

Congrats about your 500th post!

untitled3rr.th.jpg

i've been getting this error a lot while switching songs to different artists/albums, and i'm using beta 10.. it happens and then it gets this little imprint of what i'm listening to up in the upper left corner of the screen and the only way to get it to go away is to quit wcc.. if this has already been reported and i'm ignorant, i apologize.

Yes, Carlos knows about both issues. Uncheck fade cover and fade notifier and you won't get that error message.

untitled3rr.th.jpg

i've been getting this error a lot while switching songs to different artists/albums, and i'm using beta 10.. it happens and then it gets this little imprint of what i'm listening to up in the upper left corner of the screen and the only way to get it to go away is to quit wcc..  if this has already been reported and i'm ignorant, i apologize.

586713365[/snapback]

This is the error due to fade in/out.

I was able to reproduce if I switch the song before the fade in/out ends (during fade in/out).

You can disable fade in/out effect if you want (or wait for it to finish before switch the song). Just go to "Options>General".

untitled3rr.th.jpg

i've been getting this error a lot while switching songs to different artists/albums, and i'm using beta 10.. it happens and then it gets this little imprint of what i'm listening to up in the upper left corner of the screen and the only way to get it to go away is to quit wcc..  if this has already been reported and i'm ignorant, i apologize.

586713365[/snapback]

whats font u using?? :cool:

untitled3rr.th.jpg

586713365[/snapback]

I love that OS skin, can anyone tell me what it's called?

I love that OS skin, can anyone tell me what it's called?

586716166[/snapback]

i think it's called area 04. you can find it i nthe completed visuals styles section here on neowin.

I've started a new topic for beta 11 (forum builds):

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=...#entry586718640

586718663[/snapback]

awesome. thanks for the update.