Official WinHEC 2005 Thread

yeh it does look a bit below everyone's expectations, apparently. just that...

it's not supposed to do that. beta 1 and on is. this build is supposed to show the foundation of the os.  the whole nice UI thing comes later on in the game.

Again, the point of this build is not the UI. This is a build distributed at a Hardware Engineering Conference. ever think about that?

They need to give their hardware developers something to work on. this seemed like a good build for that. wait for the final to complain. things can and will change. it's amazing how much people have to repeat this all the way through the dev process of any software :no:

585829960[/snapback]

The Danztler guy or whoever he is has already been given this information on another thread. He's just trying to ignite a flame war.

The Danztler guy or whoever he is has already been given this information on another thread.  He's just trying to ignite a flame war.

585830560[/snapback]

i know. and we (me and the other guy who posted) are stopping him with a reasonable answer :)

can't wait to get this on my pc :D

LONGHORN ISN'T FOR END USERS

I don't know much about anything, but that made me laugh out loud. That seems to sum up Microsoft's attitude. Although honestly, I was getting a little excited about the new search capabilities. Maybe they'll succeed in spite of themselves.

I don't know much about anything, but that made me laugh out loud. That seems to sum up Microsoft's attitude. Although honestly, I was getting a little excited about the new search capabilities. Maybe they'll succeed in spite of themselves.

585830940[/snapback]

I don't know what you mean by Microsoft's attitude, but this build isn't intended for end users.

I don't know what you mean by Microsoft's attitude, but this build isn't intended for end users.

585830947[/snapback]

Not to belabor the point, but he said Longhorn, not the current build. It was just funny. People get so defensive about this OS. I'm looking forward to it, but two years is pretty ridiculous. What they are demonstrating is today's technology. By the time this comes out we'll be behind the curve again. What happened to my jetpacks and rocketcars? I want the future now!

Will someone there sign me up for the beta?  :blink:  :blush:  :)

I have to be in it, and no way can I go to winHEC!

Please...!

585831008[/snapback]

If thats how it works, please somone help me out too.

just the one specific to longhorn

585831001[/snapback]

Are you over at Seattle?

If so would you mind signing me up for the beta :p ??

It is how it works, on the blog there is a picture of a coputer program where you type in some details and then they will email you!

585831016[/snapback]

I see,

please! Somone help me, I would love to be in the LH Beta program! :blush: