Official WinHEC 2005 Thread

nice :D DVD this time :p i think thats a smart move.. get away from CD rom drives.. and offer something better, and force an upgrade for a few users, by switching to DVD :D

Why microsoft changed the orientation of the icons? Now it looks more like Mac to me?

585825272[/snapback]

That's been the plan all along though hasn't it. :whistle:

can any one send it please

585825235[/snapback]

You wish. :rolleyes:

I agree, based on the screens I have seen of it so far, it doesn't look very impressive.  I had hoped that after a year of development they would have made a little more progress than this.  I understand this build is lacking a lot of the bells and whistles that will be included in longhorn, but come on.  This is longhorn's first appearance since WinHEC last year, you would think they would start to show off some of the impressive features.  Hopefully in some of the keynote addresses Alchin and whoever else will show off some of the new features in longhorn that are missing in this build.

585825252[/snapback]

Agreed. (Y)

Why microsoft changed the orientation of the icons? Now it looks more like Mac to me?

585825272[/snapback]

Huh? What are you talking about? The icons are on the left... :|

Huh? What are you talking about? The icons are on the left... :|

585825285[/snapback]

I think (s)he meant the rotation of the folder icon? :unsure:

i see they still using those ugly icons (Control Panel and printers and faxes for example)

"runs like garbage"...

is really that Bad?? :(

585825447[/snapback]

oh yea...it is...and i have

3ghz P4 M

1.25gb DDR

fx5200go...

Biggest thing is CPU is nearly always 100% for me when I have any window open...but even killing explorer doesnt help...im trying safe mode now to check that out

post-54000-1114402906_thumb.jpg

umm according to the screenshots its installed on a 32bit PC.

585825451[/snapback]

I guess I have to see more screenshots.