Help Getting To Fenway Park

I'm going to Fenway Park next month. last time i went we parked, and it was awful. we've decided to take the train this time. we'll be coming into boston on i-95 north, from foxboro. My question is, is there somewhere along I-95 that we can pick up the train? i've spent a lot of time on the MBTA official site. i found out how to get to the park once i get on the train, i just need to know where the best place to catch it is. I know theres a few people from the boston area in here, so any help would be appreciated.

I'm going to Fenway Park next month. last time i went we parked, and it was awful. we've decided to take the train this time. we'll be coming into boston on i-95 north, from foxboro. My question is, is there somewhere along I-95 that we can pick up the train? i've spent a lot of time on the MBTA official site. i found out how to get to the park once i get on the train, i just need to know where the best place to catch it is. I know theres a few people from the boston area in here, so any help would be appreciated.

585828711[/snapback]

you can take this commuter train

mbta - attelboro line

and go inbound to back bay. from there you can walk, and enjoy the back bay area, to fenway park. its about 4-5 blocks to fenway but the sights are plentiful.

i would suggest the canton junction or the route 128 station but definitely take the train that takes you through back bay. if you end up in south station you end up backtracking by the back bay station.

Coming from Foxboro, you should be able to get the 128 stop - right along the highway and there are many trains running through that station, so the times are more frequent. There is also a commuter rail in Foxboro itself, but I'm not sure where it is.

You can also get off at Ruggles - they run free shuttles to Fenway.

EDIT - I'm wrong, sorry, coming from Foxboro on 95 you'll merge with 128 too late and miss the 128 Commuter rail stop. The Attleboro one should work.

Coming from Foxboro, you should be able to get the 128 stop - right along the highway and there are many trains running through that station, so the times are more frequent.  There is also a commuter rail in Foxboro itself, but I'm not sure where it is.

You can also get off at Ruggles - they run free shuttles to Fenway.

EDIT - I'm wrong, sorry, coming from Foxboro on 95 you'll merge with 128 too late and miss the 128 Commuter rail stop.  The Attleboro one should work.

585829108[/snapback]

yeah he will be past it but its only an exit away and if he goes north on 128 to the university ave exit he would be able to see the station from the interstate. IF he were to drive that far i don't think an extra exit would be a big deal.

That's true. Basically, there are a ton of commuter rail stops along the way you are traveling, and if any of them travel to Back Bay or Ruggles you will be in perfect shape. Enjoy Fenway.

Just make sure you buy the train tickets at the station instead of on the train, depending on the conductor, they can lay a few dollar surcharge on you - and you want that money for delicious Fenway franks.