ESPN360

http://www.espn360.com OMG! This thing is incredible. It just came out today. It has TONS of video coverage of not just highlight clips but ESPN shows as well. The Personal PTI is my favorite so far but I LITERALLY just got it so I'm busy exploring. A must have for a true sports NUT! Check it out.

personally, i'm getting tired of espn. more and more stuff is going to insiders only. nowadays, i can only read like 1/10th the content there. yahoo sports works well for me, and since i watch espn all day at work, i don't think i'm missing much. hehe, sorry, that was sorta off topic.

Not really related to the content or anything, but what's with all the "360" crap being bundled onto the end of everything? Since when has that become "cool" to use?

personally, i'm getting tired of espn.  more and more stuff is going to insiders only.  nowadays, i can only read like 1/10th the content there.  yahoo sports works well for me, and since i watch espn all day at work, i don't think i'm missing much.  hehe, sorry, that was sorta off topic.

585836031[/snapback]

i agree.. i switched to sportsline.com long ago, fewer ads, maybe 10% of the material is insider.. and i get my espn fix from the tv

I don't mind ESPN too much but they are becoming more and more centralized in their reporting. I mean, maybe living on the West Coast I just don't quite get the whole Yankee-Red Sox thing, but that first week of the season that was ALL they reported. It was annoying as hell. And they always try to make stories out to be so much more than they are.

I miss the good ol' days of Charlie Steiner, Dan Patrick, Chris Berman, Keith Olbermann, and those guys. Now, everybody has to try and force these little "personal sayings" and such. Just shut up and report the news.

And don't even get me started with their breaking news stuff. Entirely too irresponsible if you ask me.

woah neowin has officially upgraded to neowin360, now let me just load the site with my IE360, hold on, better yet my FF360, yes there i go. mmm maybe it wouldnt be so slow if i got myself a version of windows360.

The 360Lite is a limited previw this week. I think the regular ESPN380 is not available on all ISPs or something? I don't know. The way it was being described before today that's what it seemed like. I'm not positive either way. I downloaded the full version and in between videos it thanks you for previewing the thing and asking for feedback so maybe the whole thing is just a preview. The site was kind of vague. Personally, I love this thing for the immense video content you can view. Plus it has some games that I have yet to check out. Anyway, to each his own.

i agree.. i switched to sportsline.com long ago, fewer ads, maybe 10% of the material is insider.. and i get my espn fix from the tv

585836290[/snapback]

Yep...sportsline is the way to go....soooo much better than any others.

I just checked it out and I liked it. As long as I don't run a AdAware scan and find spyware installed with it I'll keep using it.

It IS just a preview. You have to "write or call you ISP" if you like it. I hope Cablevision comes through for me here lol.

• 4 years later...

A major thread resurrection, but I just found ESPN360 and they now allow you to setup your account with "Remote Access".

I'm on Comcast, which still doesn't pay for the service, but my parents use Bellsouth which does, so I just created an account while using their service and setup the remote access.

so is this espn 360 thing free for good, or just during this all access week?

It's been free on university campuses for over 5 months. I guess it just checks your connection for the .edu and goes from there. I use it when I am at home while vpn'd into my uni's servers :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it's free to EDU and military bases.

That remote access thing HeartsOfWar mentions though is new as of a couple months ago. What's involved in setting it up? Once you create an espn account, you visit espn360, click Remote Access...and then there's some kind of syncing involved apparently. Is it just a check box or something?

Yes, it's free to EDU and military bases.

That remote access thing HeartsOfWar mentions though is new as of a couple months ago. What's involved in setting it up? Once you create an espn account, you visit espn360, click Remote Access...and then there's some kind of syncing involved apparently. Is it just a check box or something?

Essentially, you guessed it!

Login with your account when you're using an internet provider that paid for the service, then click on the remote access link and enable it. After that, you can login using any internet provider and it'll just work... ;-)