Would-Be Car Thief Locks Himself In Trunk

Would-Be Car Thief Locks Himself In Trunk

( Fresno, Calif. -AP, April 26, 2005) ? Getting locked in a car trunk is bad enough, but locking yourself in the trunk of the car you're trying to rip off is worse.

Sheriff's Lt. Louis Hernandez said a man captured Sunday deserved an award for "dumbest criminal of the day."

A security guard called police when he heard banging coming from the inside of a car trunk, and authorities figured a crime victim was locked inside. But police said it turned out the "victim" was apparently the perp.

According to investigators, the man crawled into the trunk while he was ransacking the car. But he managed to lock himself inside as he was trying to climb out.

Police have not released the suspect's name. He's been booked on two counts of theft.

Source

:yes:s: I agree, he should get the dumbest crimnal award...

Don't car trunks have a release on the catch inside?

585836810[/snapback]

All newer cars do, but I remember that a lot of older cars lacked these releases.

mm.. that's good to know. Honestly, I never knew such feature existed (because I don't fool around by locking myself in the trunk).

I presume it applies to cars like Mercedes, Lexus, BMW, Volvo, and etc...

mm.. that's good to know. Honestly, I never knew such feature existed (because I don't fool around by locking myself in the trunk).

I presume it applies to cars like Mercedes, Lexus, BMW, Volvo, and etc...

585836907[/snapback]

I have one in the trunk of my 1995 Honda Accord.

LMAO, how do you lock YOURSELF inside a car while trying to get OUT? :rofl:

585836874[/snapback]

All that, and he's trying to steal this thing too.... :shifty:

heh, was going to test the release latch on my dad's volvo (S60R :woot: ) but I'm not sure if I could trust him to open the trunk if the release latch didn't work