Quicktime 7 is out

Microsoft offers Windows Media Player for free with a full-screen capability and Apple tries to get Windows users to switch by making them pay for that function?? I'm not bashing the software, I just think it is a poor business choice by Apple.

585849340[/snapback]

Maybe they should include fullscreen mode in the free version but WMP does not offer these recording/editing features. There are plenty of alternatives for playing some of the formats like VLC.

post-18285-1114905359.jpg

Comparing the H.264 movies to the ones on the Windows Media HD Showcase with the same time-length, its not impressive at all unlike what Apple is saying. I'm not saying WMV-HD is the best, but its not using H.264 technologies and still achieves about the same results. Unlike what Apple stated, that you can get like a near full screen video with the same file size as the smaller ones.

Whilst the technology might be ahead of other non-HD codecs, but it certainly isn't like what it was hyped up to be.

Comparing the H.264 movies to the ones on the Windows Media HD Showcase with the same time-length, its not impressive at all unlike what Apple is saying. I'm not saying WMV-HD is the best, but its not using H.264 technologies and still achieves about the same results. Unlike what Apple stated, that you can get like a near full screen video with the same file size as the smaller ones.

Whilst the technology might be ahead of other non-HD codecs, but it certainly isn't like what it was hyped up to be.

585854140[/snapback]

Yeah that kinda worries me. I'm expecting my 1.86ghz pentium M laptop and I'm wondering what kind of specs are needed to play Quicktime HD on Windows.

And I'm wondering if Quicktime Alternative will be able to pack these codecs in a nice little package for me.

Where on earth is the Windows version....

585853796[/snapback]

From what I understand, the Windows version is suppose to be released with iTunes 4.8 which will be released within the next 2 months.

Edited by Hurmoth

From what I understand, the Windows version is suppose to be released with iTunes 4.8 which will be released within the next 2 years.

585854450[/snapback]

Two years?!

Maybe they should include fullscreen mode in the free version but WMP does not offer these recording/editing features. There are plenty of alternatives for playing some of the formats like VLC.

585853794[/snapback]

That's because it's called Windows Media Player

i see no reason to have video recording in a media player, unless they make ripping DVDs legal; then I would be happy to have a built in dvd ripper in WMP

Months, damn typo ... Sorry about that :blush:

585854514[/snapback]

iTunes 4.8 is actually expected within a week.

SOURCE

/and QuickTime 7 for Windows is expected to be released at the same time.

What will be needed to play these hd trailers on linux?

585854628[/snapback]

Someone that is business savy enough (and is visionary enough) to convince Apple that QuickTime for Linux is a smart investment. Otherwise, the DVD Jon group will likely do the porting for free.

iTunes 4.8 is actually expected within a week.

SOURCE

/and QuickTime 7 for Windows is expected to be released at the same time.

585854639[/snapback]

now thats what I wanted to hear. good man.

Dammit... two typos, I am doing so bad tonight :( I meant to say within two weeks :blush:

I think it is time for me to go to bed :ermm:

What will be needed to play these hd trailers on linux?

585854628[/snapback]

If you [somehow] remux them into an mp4 container they should play with MPlayer.

source: doom9

that was awesome! the quality on my screen is amazing!! its native at 1280 pixels wide, so im gettng the pictre in fullscreen mode exactly as its supposed to be seen.

Bloody Marvelous!!

Well, there is no actual hard date for qt 7 for windows, we just have to wait.. Thinksecret can only guess as much as we do unless of course they have insiders >.> <.<

Well, there is no actual hard date for qt 7 for windows, we just have to wait.. Thinksecret can only guess as much as we do unless of course they have insiders >.> <.<

585855839[/snapback]

Well that's the thing, ThinkSecret does have their inside sources :whistle: