May Desktops Thread

my first time around ^_^

vs : reluna alunamin

icons: wiped out

wp : can't remember where i got it from (i can upload it if someone wants)

winamp : reluna maron

post-106515-1117356315_thumb.jpg

Actually it's probably the easiest shell replacement to do. Just 1) Install it 2) Reboot 2) Find a theme 3) Right click on desktop and choose your theme

585983960[/snapback]

Can you pleeze tell me where i can find LiteStep

You know how you were talking about litestep? I was thinking of installing that, is it easy to uninstall like someone asked before because if I don't like it, i dont want to have to reformat all over agian. The part about being a lot faster than explorer is what made me interested :p I hate how explorer can sometimes lag a little bit when your running big apps or games.

You know how you were talking about litestep? I was thinking of installing that, is it easy to uninstall like someone asked before because if I don't like it, i dont want to have to reformat all over agian. The part about being a lot faster than explorer is what made me interested :p I hate how explorer can sometimes lag a little bit when your running big apps or games.

585985767[/snapback]

Yes, very easy to uninstall. Actually, I just now uninstalled it.

And Dazzla, you're a mod you could easily muscle the theme out of someone :ninja:

585985767[/snapback]

All you have to do is run the installer and reboot. :) No reformat needed, you don't need to reinstall any applications. Explorer.exe is still running in the background for my computer and etc, but instead of about 30 MB memory as usual it's only 1. Litestep is also running as the shell, and takes about 8 MB.

mynimal!!!...i just installed litestep and the themes you where using and its awsome :D

Just wondering how can i modify the right click menu ?

mynimal!!!...i just installed litestep and the themes you where using and its awsome :D

Just wondering how can i modify the right click menu ?

585985943[/snapback]

open up the "popup" configuration file inside your litestep folder with notepad. :)

585985943[/snapback]

Yeah, I love it too. :D I have a modified version of tilt as well. There's no annoying fading between the menu changes, the winamp part doesn't autohide, and the winamp, date bar, and sys tray is set to always on top. Much better. Plus, teh date bar is a good portal to the desktop, so you don't have to minimize what you're doing to use the right click menu. :)

open up the "popup" configuration file inside your litestep folder with notepad. :)

585985999[/snapback]

Thanks for that too. :D Kinda wanted to edit mine.

Yeah, I love it too. :D I have a modified version of tilt as well. There's no annoying fading between the menu changes, the winamp part doesn't autohide, and the winamp, date bar, and sys tray is set to always on top. Much better. Plus, teh date bar is a good portal to the desktop, so you don't have to minimize what you're doing to use the right click menu. :)

Thanks for that too. :D Kinda wanted to edit mine.

585986012[/snapback]

Mind sending me that mod my way ? :shifty: