Is blood blue or red?

Is Blood Blue Or Red?  

497 members have voted

1. 1. Is Blood Blue Or Red?

• Blue
    • Red

when blood is red it is oxygenated, thats why it is moving away from the lungs because it just got a fresh batch of oxygen

when it has used up all the oxygen it goes blue and has to go back to the lungs and get a "refill"

I thought blood was green? No wait....that's another species :D

:alien:

READ THIS

It has a bright red or scarlet colour when it flows from the arteries but a dark red or purple colour when it flows from the veins.

AND THIS

The pigment haemoglobin contained in these cells is made of protein and iron. It is red in colour, and when it is bound to oxygen as oxy-haemoglobin - it becomes bright red. Red blood cells are replaced continually as they become less efficient after about 120 days. The cells are destroyed by the liver and much of the iron is recycled by the body to make new haemoglobin.

Oxygenated blood is RED, dioxygenated blood is BLUE.

585977500[/snapback]

Christ, how many times do we have to tell you people that blood is never blue!?!

Bood inside the body is blue.

Not until it is exposed to oxygen outside of the body does it

turn red.

585977773[/snapback]

is white wine inside a green bottle only clear when it comes out of the bottle?

Bood inside the body is blue.

Not until it is exposed to oxygen outside of the body does it

turn red.

585977773[/snapback]

Its a myth. ITS A MYTH. god ppl, google it, ask people who know. I bet the person who told u wasnt a doctor/bioligist etc etc

rofl!

please, someone move this to the jokes and funny stuff section!

20% of people voted blue? They must be joking

:rofl:

both, blue in the vane and red when u bleed (my moms a nurse i asked her once)

blood has oxygen in it otherwise your organs are dead and so are you :pinch: . so it is red

Like the rest (79%) of us have said, it's red, whether inside or outside the body. The only reason blood is blue is because when you view it by looking at your veins your skin is breaking down the colour spectrum and so you see it as blue, when in fact it is a dark purpley-red.

EDIT: once again I shall back this theory up, where those who have said it is blue have no evidence with which to do so. Please find the myth under the 'human' heading of blood (Wikipedia) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood#Humans

blood has oxygen in it otherwise your organs are dead and so are you  :pinch:  . so it is red

585981055[/snapback]

when it is deoxigenated it is a very dark red color because of the lack of haemoglobin and O2. This passes through the veins and appears to be blue on the surface of our skin.

And no if your mom told u that blood is blue in the veins, she needs to rethink what she said :rolleyes: