customized the logon screen!

http://users.ev1.net/~kdrlcr/files/Kaders_...come_Screen.exe

Boot into safe mode and my package will put it where it needs to be :D

http://users.ev1.net/~kdrlcr/files/Kaders_..._User_Icons.exe

Glad to see people still like TMNT...even when I do put a nice X in the forehead lmao This one will create a folder and inside it will be packages which will place the icons where they need to be (so when you click on your icon in the start menu these additional ones will be available along with the M$ ones) My personal icon is just throw in the extracted folder...I figured no one would want it so I never made a TMNT pack lol

Oh forgot to say that I have a theme (*.theme) and a style (*.msstyles) I'm working on with the Xbox in mind. I'll post those as soon as they are done. (well the theme is done but I'm waiting for style builder to be released so I can fix about 3 colors bugging me in the style)

how do i change the font size for the message that pops up after u log on i think it normals says like Signing In but i changed mine to Entering the Matrix. But its cut off because it is too big.

Thanks

my script does center the list, and work under various screen resolution.

Originally posted by Ja450n

@libb

does your script center the user's

or does it merly use padding.. to make it look centered...

-ja450n

well, its done, for now anyways. i got the usernames to stay blended and i killed the borders aswell as changing several of the strings, it will be posted some place soon, not here though, its too big, but i do have a screen shot for you guys

I have found a much simpler solution to swapping out your loginui.exe component! Simply modify the "UIHost" value in the Winlogon section of the registry. :D

For example. I downloaded the Enterprise logon screen from http://www.angelfire.com/ab6/logonxp/. I saved the file to a new folder I created "C:WINDOWSResourcesLoginUIEnterprise".

Then, by simply placing the full path to the new loginui.exe, I can immeidately log off and view the change! :-)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogonUIHost] = "C:WINDOWSResourcesLoginUIEnterpriselogonui.exe"

FYI, the origional value is "logonui.exe". If you wish to change back, simply remove the path info. :-)

well, i finished the road one as i mentioned above, here is the next project, let me know what ya thinks so far and feel free to drop some ideas, i'll see what i can do and if anyone happens to have the pic that the one im using is based on, could you post it, im hoping to make that a temp

I have found a much simpler solution to swapping out your loginui.exe component! Simply modify the "UIHost" value in the Winlogon section of the registry.

That's a great find :)

So now we can distribute these with full paths and a .reg file to fix that entry in the registry.

Originally posted by Ja450n

@Barisko

do you want that to be FULL screen ???

so that is all you see.. or do you want it that size ???

(i have 3 OSX based themes for XP)

and will provide a logon screen.. if i find what people want...

-ja450n

FULL SCREEN! WAUW IF YOU CAN DO THAT, THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!

SO COOL!

THANKS

Originally posted by T0Y S0LDIER

well, i finished the road one as i mentioned above, here is the next project, let me know what ya thinks so far and feel free to drop some ideas, i'll see what i can do and if anyone happens to have the pic that the one im using is based on, could you post it, im hoping to make that a temp

WAUW! were can I download this one?

anyone know of a place to post these screens, i tried that one that everyone was saying to use, i dont know about everyone else, but i cant download them from that site. i sent the screen to them, but if its there is another question

Originally posted by T0Y S0LDIER

anyone know of a place to post these screens, i tried that one that everyone was saying to use, i dont know about everyone else, but i cant download them from that site. i sent the screen to them, but if its there is another question

I'm gonna throw up a site today. If you'd like it posted, I'll be spamming out the URL within 3 hours. Go ahead and send any login screens to james@websupport.net.

Instead of going through all the crap having to go to safe mode and everything and copy the file into system32 I...:

1. edited filelist.xml so that it wouldn't backup the logonui.exe

2. renamed the logonui.exe in driver.cab

3. Created a shortcut to system32 in my SendTo folder.

So now I just right-click my custom logonui and send it to system32... simple