• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

customized the logon screen!

AaronPrometheus    0

Anybody who wants the original logonui.exe can E-Mail me at:

aaronrambo@yahoo.com

I don't mind sending you it as an attachment cause Tripod is being gay about EXEs and ZIPs.

Locations of the original logonui.exe (Just in case anybody cares)

C:Windowssystem32

C:Windowssystem32dllcache

If you cannot see the dllcache folder:

Tools, Folder Options, Views, radio "Show hidden files and folders", uncheck "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)".

You XP CD-ROM :cool:

Did I miss anything?

McKrout    0

Ok, this screen is almost done, but im wondering, does anyone know how to keep the alpha blending on once you move the arrow beyond where the center divider should be to the left and how to keep on turned on when you go into the black, once i have this part figured out, this thing should be done

AaronPrometheus    0
Originally posted by IRazor

I'm having problems accessing that http://www.angelfire.com/ab6/logonxp/ page. Is it just me that have that problem?

It's not just you. Angelfire on the rampage? :right:

:ditsy: YAY! :ditsy:

I've finished my Copland OS logonui. But since the XP site is down and Tripod is homo with file extentions, you'll have to E-Mail me to get it. Again, I'll be glad to send an attachment to anyone who wants it.

aaronrambo@yahoo.com

RubberSoul    0
Originally posted by IRazor

I'm having problems accessing that http://www.angelfire.com/ab6/logonxp/ page. Is it just me that have that problem?

No it's not just you. I 've never been able to get on.

Daffy_Duck    0
can you make a 800X600 version? i need to my brother and sister computer... i will very appreciate it. thanks.

I made one and sent it to the webmaster at the logonxp site but his inbox was full. I'll try again tonight. I also updated both versions a bit. :)

Timan    554

All the themes posted here are at my site xp-themes.chipstar.net

Daffy_Duck    0
All the themes posted here are at my site xp-themes.chipstar.net

CGI-limits reached, please try again later!

Timan    554

ACK thanks for letting me know!!!

SYBOLD    0

hi

I'm working on a logon screen like many others

does somebody know how to change the border around the user

account

please let me know

Daffy_Duck    0

That's a good picture. Who is that girl?

Ethere    4
Originally posted by SYBOLD

hi

account

please let me know

I think it's #112. That's what I changed.

stass    0

SYBOLD whear you find it.. ? mail me...

hear is mine now... on work... =)

i relly like it.. =)

AaronPrometheus    0
Originally posted by SYBOLD

hi

account

please let me know

It's not a bitmap, it's a color value. All you need to do is look in the uifile for an RGB value of 90,126,220 or something similer. I scoured the whole file replacing every instance of that color with the main color I used for my Copland OS logonui. I don't remember which one either cause I replaced the values several at a time.

SYBOLD    0

thanks for helping me out ;

riggs, stass, aaronrambo

Il post my finnished one later.

:ditsy:

Ethere    4
Originally posted by aaronrambo

It's not a bitmap, it's a color value. All you need to do is look in the uifile for an RGB value of 90,126,220 or something similer. I scoured the whole file replacing every instance of that color with the main color I used for my Copland OS logonui. I don't remember which one either cause I replaced the values several at a time.

I don't wanna try to deny it's a color value, hey, it might be that too, but, when I edited the bitmap 112 value, that's what changed it on mine.

stass    0

Re: To SYBOLD

ok... nice.. i can`t whait.. for this logon screen =)

hoppe you post is soon her or mail me .... i relly what it.. =)

NICE WORK:D

AaronPrometheus    0
Originally posted by Riggs

I don't wanna try to deny it's a color value, hey, it might be that too, but, when I edited the bitmap 112 value, that's what changed it on mine.

Right, behind the bitmap is a small border about 8 thick. If you wanted to get the background of the logon pane to completely dissappear you have to change both.

For SYBOLD's problem it was only the color value cause he'd already removed the bitmap. Check his image to see what I mean. It's a three-sided border of lighter color surrounding the username and password box.

SYBOLD    0

the result so far

Chrissssssss    0

I've made my shutdown button fade in/out when the mouse moves over it, but can't seem to make the colour behind the text transparent. Can anyone help?

Also, why do some parts use ARGB and others use RGB? Then there's some values that don't seem to do anything, for example the first ARGB value. 'Tis all very confusing.

Ironman273    1,095

I know this has nothing to do with the logon screen, but looking at some of the screenshots here and in other posts raised my curiousity. Could someone let me know how to change the user icons? I've looked all over other posts and can't find it.

Thanks.

Boeing 787    15

Look for 5 or 6 listings of alpha there what control the visiblity of the logon box.

pic with invisible logon box

IDMantis    0

I was trying to customize my windowsXP Login screen in the loginui.exe file. So i made a copy of the file and put it on my desktop, edited it to my liking, then i rebooted so i could replace the origional loginui.exe with the new one. So on reboot i forget which button is safemode so i just start hitting all of them. F8 , F9, F10, F11, F12 constantly until something comes up... Then i get a weird black window, not your normal safemode, normal mode, selection, it has several paragraphs up top saying "we apologize for the inconvenience, windows did not start correctly..." them im sitting there like, No ****... so then i select reboot from last know good settings, and it goes to load XP as it normally would, then right before it goes to the desktop i get the blue error that Flashes real fast! So fast i cant even read it! Then the pc reboots on its own... So then i try safemode....same thing... then i try normal mode again, same dice.... Any Ideas wTF is wrong? Is it because i have a loginUI.exe on my desktop? Please help! Im Desperate, Thanks!

AaronPrometheus    0

Wow, IDMantis, that's one hellofa crash!

In XP Safe Mode is part of a menu that can be accessed by pressing and holding F8 before the Black Windows XP bootup screen appears.

I have NEVER heard of anything like what you just described. Leads me to think that Micrsoft had plans for the other F-keys (Maybe having each type of bootup to a key?) and didn't go through with it and a bug in the system rears it's ugly head when those keys are pressed in rapid succession. I dunno.

So Safe Mode is F8, just select it from the menu.

I wonder what a BSOD would look like in XP... Hmm... :roll: