Legalise Marijuana?

Should the governments legalize cannabis?  

432 members have voted

1. 1. Should the governments legalize cannabis?

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont care

THey should legalize it. Username, why so against it? Perhaps got to high and couldnt handle yourself ;p

Again, this is an issue about what a person does with their own mind and body. And no matter what choices you make, I hope that you will do the research and be careful.

So would you classify yourself as a pure Libertarian?

THey should legalize it. Username, why so against it? Perhaps got to high and couldnt handle yourself ;p

585862293[/snapback]

because i am smart and know that the there are almost no pros and all cons to this issue, yeah it can be used for medicinal purposes, like many controlled substances, but not legalize

what do all you 'no' voters think about tobacco?

id also like to know what your reasons are for voting no.

edit..and by this i mean specific reasons, not just 'oh its bad because i heard that it was'

OK. this thread is dumb. Everyone has an opinion. Mine is to legalize it. I find nothing wrong with marijuana. Ive been smoking for 6 years, everyday for 2 years. Im still alive and kickin. So, I dont care what others have to say about no legalizing it... mainly because those who say that have yet to experience it.

because i am smart and know that the there are almost no pros and all cons to this issue, yeah it can be used for medicinal purposes, like many controlled substances, but not legalize

lol, youre so f*ckin full of yourself. youre 'smart'. youre not the only one. I am a GENIOUS.

It should be known that US Census records show that not a single person in the history of the USA has ever died from an overdose.  Yet everyday people die from overdoses of alcohol.

585862264[/snapback]

Is it possible to get an overdose??

Given the demographics of Neowin, it does not suprise me the vote...

I forget who said this...

If at 24 you are not liberal, you have no heart. If at 38 you are not conservative, you have no brain.

I think the required amount for a lethal dose of cannibas is to smoke double your body weight...I donno about you but I cant handle more than a few grams to myself let alone 250+ pounds.

I think the required amount for a lethal dose of cannibas is to smoke double your body weight...I donno about you but I cant handle more than a few grams to myself let alone 250+ pounds.

585862335[/snapback]

Yeah, they say its impossible to smoke youre body weight.

Cannabis is still a drug and changes your state of your mind and impers your decision making and control over yourself. i strongly think it should be illegal. Also it is a very low class thing to do.

I'd say no, but i know people who do use it and im fine with that, the reason i say no is because i dont really want to be smelling it in the local pub or anything, but then i dont like being around smokers anyway. It does change your state of mind and i think if it was leagalised you would get people walking around like zombies on a friday night, someone could argue this with alcohol and i could see their point but from my experience lots of people are doing it now anyway and they never get into trouble and because its not done in public (so much) your not harming anyone

Cannabis is still a drug and changes your state of your mind and impers your decision making and control over yourself. i strongly think it should be illegal. Also it is a very low class thing to do.

585862349[/snapback]

and what about alcohol imho it's a far worse drug then marijuana could ever be....

cuz how often does someone beat his wife cuz he'd been toking too much?

585862349[/snapback]

Doesnt alcohol count as a drug? and doesnt that change your state of mind and your desision making and control over yourself?

Any why is it a "low class thing to do"?

Tobacco is probably way more dangerous for you, but you dont see them making that illegal, they make too much money on it with taxes.

On BBC News the other day they had a story on how drugs affect your IQ. I think it was tobacco can lose you 10 points of IQ if you smoke it regulary and the same with alcohol. Cannabis was only 4 points.

And whats the difference between tobacco and cannabis? they are both drugs that you smoke, just with different affects.

Tobacco and alcohol are more dangerous in my opinion then cannabis.

FOR EVERYONE WHO SAYS NO:

Alcohol = Legal

Marijuana = Not legal

585862382[/snapback]

Since wine is alcohol as well..

Wine in small doses, included with food for example, has proven in countless studies to be good for your heart.

Pot however, apart from being used in the medical industry, has no beneficial properties.

And Mengha, have you ever spoken to someone who has smoked a good 20 odd years? Yeah, you can see where it affects pretty clearly ;)

FOR EVERYONE WHO SAYS NO:

Alcohol = Legal

Marijuana = Not legal

Explain to me why this is.

585862382[/snapback]

Alcohol: a part of our culture, laws regulated controlled drug, addictive

Marijuana: carcinogen, mind altering, hormone altering, addictive

have you ever worked with a pot head, enough said

Since wine is alcohol as well..

Wine in small doses, included with food for example, has proven in countless studies to be good for your heart.

Pot however, apart from being used in the medical industry, has no beneficial properties.

585862396[/snapback]

So what if it doesnt have beneficial properties? Im sure tobacco doesnt either.

Username:

But wouldnt Marijuana be the same as alcohol if it was regulated by the law? And Tobacco is probaly more addictive too.

and what about alcohol imho it's a far worse drug then marijuana could ever be....

cuz how often does someone beat his wife cuz he'd been toking too much?

585862370[/snapback]

im not saying alcohol is better, i dont drink alcohol and do not understand why others get drunk.

what possible reason could there be not to legalise it

Unlike Alchohol Cannabis doesnt make you

* Violent

* Beat your wife

* Fall about the streets

* Make you lose self control

* Give Hangovers :-)

Alchohol, or Cannabis?!

585862117[/snapback]

mmm its not all pretty flowers: http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_effects.shtml

can precipitate or exacerbate latent or existing mental disorders

seems a bit worrying and alot of people dont know :p lol

i would advise all people to take a look at that link.

So what if it doesnt have beneficial properties? Im sure tobacco doesnt either.

585862404[/snapback]

Oh I'm pro-banning tobacco as well. Can't stand the smell.

Not to mention the negative health benefits.

I know, lets start this off again by asking everyone who voted in the poll if they know when and why cannibas was made illegal. I'm not sure about other countries, but I'm almost sure that once positive cannibas was made illegal in the USA, foreign countries followed suit.

But...my question to you neowinians is if you even know the real reasons as to why cannibas was made illegal in the 1930's...I'd also like to know what you think about the hashish references that were originally in the bible (which have recently been removed).....apparantly Jesus was a big fan of the hashish.

legalize it, its not as bad as people think.. alchohol does more harmful things to the body. besides what helps you enjoy a movie better then a little pot, you get the munchies and focus better on the movie :yes:

Alcohol: a part of our culture, laws regulated controlled drug, addictive

Marijuana: carcinogen, mind altering, hormone altering, addictive

have you ever worked with a pot head, enough said

One of the best things said in here. I find it ignorant to even debate the legalization of pot. I would defintely support it if pot was changed into a medically controlled substance, but not for leisure time smoking. I've seen too many people throw their lives away because of it...and yes...it was directly related to pot.