Legalise Marijuana?

Should the governments legalize cannabis?  

432 members have voted

1. 1. Should the governments legalize cannabis?

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont care

from what i know wasnt cannabis original baned back in the day due to US not wanting to loose money in the cotton business due to HEMP ?..

still more things are known now a days, to what THC does to the brain, and what it can activate.

i mean, there a freaking real reasons why it is illegal, same as why cocaine and other opiates

585862469[/snapback]

i know, and there should be reasons why other things are illegal and their not

because i am smart and know that the there are almost no pros and all cons to this issue, yeah it can be used for medicinal purposes, like many controlled substances, but not legalize

585862314[/snapback]

Cons what cons are there? There are are really no cons. Tabacco and Alcohol kill faster/alot more than weed

Is it possible to get an overdose??

585862325[/snapback]

Nope

Cannabis is still a drug and changes your state of your mind and impers your decision making and control over yourself. i strongly think it should be illegal. Also it is a very low class thing to do.

585862349[/snapback]

Oh yea? And alcohol doesnt right :rolleyes: Alcohol f*cks me up alot more than a blunt

Since wine is alcohol as well..

Wine in small doses, included with food for example, has proven in countless studies to be good for your heart.

Pot however, apart from being used in the medical industry, has no beneficial properties.

And Mengha, have you ever spoken to someone who has smoked a good 20 odd years? Yeah, you can see where it affects pretty clearly ;)

585862396[/snapback]

Pot was accually also brought up in a discovery that it accually helped the heart take the effects easier of shocks and other similar things.

One of the best things said in here.  I find it ignorant to even debate the legalization of pot.  I would defintely support it if pot was changed into a medically controlled substance, but not for leisure time smoking.  I've seen too many people throw their lives away because of it...and yes...it was directly related to pot.

585862440[/snapback]

Yea but not everyone throws their life away to it. I been smoking weed for 6 years and nothing has really happen to me. I dont waste excessive money on it or anything. Tabacco is what people are throwing their lives (money) away.

The only CON that someone could say for weed is the smell. But we could say that for tabacco as well...

excuse me?! ive experienced both, to great lengths!

585862138[/snapback]

Judging by that reply you think that makes you l337 right?

excuse me?! ive experienced both, to great lengths!

This is the stuff that ****es me off and makes me feel this whole thing is ignorant. I know not everyone that smokes pot throws their life away, and not everyone sits around all day and smokes...but a lot of people do, and a lot of people think this makes them cool or something.

The people that sit around and think they're the sh1t because they smoke or drink...jesus! Get a f**kin life!

Cons what cons are there? There are are really no cons. Tabacco and Alcohol kill faster/alot more than weed

Nope

Oh yea? And alcohol doesnt right :rolleyes:  Alcohol f*cks me up alot more than a blunt

Pot was accually also brought up in a discovery that it accually helped the heart take the effects easier of shocks and other similar things.

Yea but not everyone throws their life away to it. I been smoking weed for 6 years and nothing has really happen to me. I dont waste excessive money on it or anything. Tabacco is what people are throwing their lives (money) away.

The only CON that someone could say for weed is the smell. But we could say that for tabacco as well...

585862505[/snapback]

i never said alcohol doesnt.

Was'st it proved recently that cannabis has life long consequences?

585862526[/snapback]

Just what I'm wondering....will the world be crazy in 10 years time? Or even longer - 30 or 40...

Alcohol: a part of our culture, laws regulated controlled drug, addictive

Marijuana: carcinogen, mind altering, hormone altering, addictive

have you ever worked with a pot head, enough said

585862403[/snapback]

I am a POTHEAD.

weed isnt part of our culture? weed could be regulated.

mind altering? alcohol isnt?

585862505[/snapback]

boy we have a real genus here, how about its a carcinogen, problems with memory and learning, distorted perception, difficulty in thinking and problem solving, loss of coordination, anxiety, and panic attacks, increase birth defects, low birth weight, impaired motor development

not to mention it is a gateway drug... there are thing you cannot argue

pTony: are "POTHEADS" an actual benefit to our society, NO, are drunks, NO, but if you cant distinguish between though two i would have to blame it on your pot smoking

weed isnt part of our culture? weed could be regulated.

mind altering? alcohol isnt?

Pot is part of its OWN culture, not part of OUR culture...or anyone's culture.

Oh yea? And alcohol doesnt right rolleyes.gif Alcohol f*cks me up alot more than a blunt

Ok, so alcohol makes you drunk and unable to drive, but do you know the difference between driving drunk and driving stoned? When driving drunk, there is an easy way to tell if the driver is drunk or not, and that is a breathalizer test. Unfortunately, the only way to be sure that the driver has smoked is with a blood test, and there is no way that is happening any time soon. So if someone is driving drunk, they can have points put on to their license, but smoking, there is no factualy proof that the driver is actually impaired.

Pot is part of its OWN culture, not part of OUR culture...or anyone's culture.

585862567[/snapback]

Well, in MY culture, its part of MY culture.

Quit speaking for yourself and go smoke a blunt. Quit arguing over something you dont need to argue about. Have you tried it? That is the question, and dont lie. haha

I've watched dozens of documentaries on reputable channels and by reputable sources (BBC, NOVA, PBS etc...) and only now do i see the whole issue, barely. It's much more complicated than whether or not u should be allowed to harm yourself "for no reason". There is way more to it and it is not a topic you can discuss without watching all these docs.

One thing that people don't take in consideration enough is the fact taht it's just not part of th custom. If it had been in our western culture like it was in other older very succesful civilisation... If it had, who knows, we could be smoking a joint after a meal instead of the french tradition of a glass of wine. Or it could be Pizza and Weed. Who knows. This, as of right now, i beleive is the biggest "dilemna".

boy we have a real genus here, how about its a carcinogen, problems with memory and learning, distorted perception, difficulty in thinking and problem solving, loss of coordination, anxiety, and panic attacks, increase birth defects, low birth weight, impaired motor development

not to mention it is a gateway drug... there are thing you cannot argue

And this is gonna be argued by the ignorant people that alcohol and tabacco do a lot of the same things. Wahhh Wahhh Wahhh. Why don't you cry about it? The debate here is legalizing pot.

lol i know, tell me one benefit to society it would have... uhhmmm that would be NOTHING, and don't give me the tax crap, because alcohol tax does not even pay for all the problems it causes

Well, in MY culture, its part of MY culture.

Quit speaking for yourself and go smoke a blunt. Quit arguing over something you dont need to argue about. Have you tried it? That is the question, and dont lie. haha

Hahaha. You make me laugh. This is exactly what I'm talking about. Ignorance. What a ****ty attitude. You act that way because you have nothing to back yourself up.

And actually, I used to smoke it 5 years ago or. So, no...I'm not talking about something I don't understand.

Exactly. Legalizing pot will always bring up the subject of why alcohol and tabacco are legal and pot isnt. So. wahhh wahhh wahhh. Because no one can answer that simple question.

Judging by that reply you think that makes you l337 right?

585862516[/snapback]

oi, no it doesnt i was proving a point to someone.

God made dope, Man make Alchohol, who do you trust?

God made dope, Man make Alchohol, who do you trust?

hahaha Sounds like a typically pothead comment.

Hahaha.  You make me laugh.  This is exactly what I'm talking about.  Ignorance.  What a ****ty attitude.  You act that way because you have nothing to back yourself up. 

And actually, I used to smoke it 5 years ago or.  So, no...I'm not talking about something I don't understand.

585862590[/snapback]

Whatever. I have nothing to back myself up? Im glad I made you laugh. Ignorance? WTF. SHi**y attitude, what are you talkin about. again, go smoke some weed for christ sake you f*ckin tard.