Pam Anderson Exposes KFC

I dont understand how a human can be against the ethical treatment of animals, unless your're some desensitized ignorant schmuck only caring about yourself. its only a short time until the human race runs itself into the ground.

To those who say that cost is a major factor in being a successfull franchise, Oporto is a fast growing franchise in Australia, they cost a lot more then KFC, yet their resturants always seem to be full of people, and I prefer them over KFC any day.

I know nothing about their animal cruelty record, but I do know that people will buy more expensive food as long as it is of higher quality.

Yea that is pretty sad the way they treat the chickens, but I kind of find it ironic because I can't help but compare the chickens to Iraqi citizens, and PETA wants something done about the chickens but the U.S. military gets criticized for trying to help the Iraqi's who were treated just like these chickens under Sadame's rule. Ah well. I don't eat at KFC's anyway.

To those who say that cost is a major factor in being a successfull franchise, Oporto is a fast growing franchise in Australia, they cost a lot more then KFC, yet their resturants always seem to be full of people, and I prefer them over KFC any day.

I know nothing about their animal cruelty record, but I do know that people will buy more expensive food as long as it is of higher quality.

585864296[/snapback]

I highly doubt this new franchise will be as big or bigger than KFC. Oporto is a niche market, much like goat milk in supermarkets. Never seen it? Exactly.

I agree, and honestly I don't want them to be as big or bigger then KFC, because if that were to happen, they'd become just like KFC.

BTW, yes I have seen goats milk in a super market, never bought it though ;)

ha im all for no cruelty for animals but i find it amusing that we cry when i cat or dog is killed but cheer a country while they go over to another country and slaughter each other. Have we been so adapt to violence that human killing is funny or shrugged while chicken killing so we can eat is horrible.

[/autoremoved]After 10 minutes to write a long post to say what I think of this and what I think of some members here witout any heart and felling for those poor chickens, I have decided to don't post this...[/autoremoved]

Typical PETA bullcrap. That's old video and KFC made dramatic changes. But that's not enough for PETA. They will say anything and do anything, deeply believing the end justify the means.

These kinds of tactics may spur interest on the surface but once people find out the truth PETA winds up the loser.

Remember, if their cause is so just and their complaints true, why do they lie and distort in order for people to listen to them?

yeah, we actually knew this about 100 years ago, give or take

*cough*Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle"*cough*

:ninja:

actually there is a diffrence, We fail to take into consideration the pain an aminal feels. a cat killing a mice, is acceptable its one vs. one... we are slaughtering by the thousands... the least we can do is make sure it is out cold before its being "processed". we have the capability of of making that decision, but we chose to cut corners... mark my words, cutting corners is what is going to get the human race on the extinct list.

585864021[/snapback]

How do you know that chickens feel?

Anyways, I hope she didn't spread her hepatitis to any tasty chickens.

Ok, it's PETA which means it's full of bull****.

I'm sure just about anybody would like to respect animals and treat them better, but if it means paying more for a $5 Big Mac it's not going to happen. This is just how the system works, and it gets the consumer cheap, good food.

Anything PETA publishes must be taken with a grain of salt, as it has a rather radical agenda that it will push even at the cost of facts (in this case, PETA would like to see KFC production shut down entirely, so that no chickens are killed for food). There may well be validity to these claims, but there's no evidence in that video that the footage shown is 1) recent, and 2) from KFC facilities - in fact, it's highly likely that they took footage from 5 or 10 years ago and simply "forgot" to mention when the footage was taken. I'd have to see much more credible sources give support to that ad before I'd consider boycotting KFC for its production practices - after all it's done to lie and distort while promoting its cause, PETA has unfortunately loast any semblance of being a credible organization when it comes to giving facts.

I used to work for Lane Poultry now Tyson and that video is not the norm. The growers are very concerned with the chickens as the better health and more they weigh the more money they get. Let a grower catch one of the catchers stomping or breaking a leg or wing and they bust their butt so quick your head will swim. The processor is just as worried about bruised, damaged or broken product as US Inspectors grade these chickens and they don't mind throwing out a badly bruised or damaged chicken. The process seems cruel but how do you kill and process 100+ chickens a minute in a small plant and make it non-violent. It's has nothing to do with KFC or Churches it has to do with all processed chicken, companys like Tyson, Pilgram and others do the paying growers, haulers, processors, and sales of the chickens. They sell to KFC, Safeway, Wal-Mart your local butcher so don't blame KFC.

Cody

Just my two cents sense I have worked at a Chicken Plant.

Thats why im stickin with popeyes!

585863854[/snapback]

Best place to eat :happy:

Never been to KFC; thank god.

to ALL of the PETA lovers out there go watch Penn and Tellers Bull*hit season 2 the Peta episode. the FOUNDER of Peta uses INSULIN, a drug from an animal which peta violently and sometmes stupidly defends against. there is also a ****tard on the show who teaches people how to firebomb testing labs on BEHALF of PETA. some caring orginization. GO WATCH IT!!

did any of you actually watch the video? at the end they showed workers stomping on the chickens and smashing them against the wall. Animal cruelty like that is just wrong, if it were puppies i bet you guys would care

585863891[/snapback]

Actually, I don't really care about chickens or puppies.

Being cruel to animals is wrong, but I'm not going to shed any tears or organize protests over it. I have never eaten at KFC anyway. I don't plan on it.

It always annoyed me how animals are often treated better than humans...