[geek] Yoda or Gandalf

Who would win  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win

• Yoda
    • Gandalf

Only selected Yoda because it was the only Force-sensitive choice. Yoda would sense the spell coming from Gandalf, and move before Gandalf could cast it on him....No contest....

However, the Emperor would soul-heartedly beat both their aXXes

Seeing as both Yoda and Gandolf are dead neither would be able to win.

However if you went back to when both were alive Yoda would win hands down.

Jedi mind trick Gandolf and then lightsaber his a**.

If all else fails use force to drop heavy load and then attack him while he holds it with his magic.

As soon as I saw the title I thought Gandalf! I mean he could just call on the eagle

to come eat little Yoda :laugh:

As i said earlier, Gandalf the grey would stand less of a chance against yoda. But Gandalf the White would but up a far better fight.

Gandalf the Grey might not win, but Gandalf the White would soo own. Remember how he takes Sauramon's staff in the Extended version of ROTK? Thats what he'd do to Yoda's Light Saber.

585878127[/snapback]

:yes:

what about sauron and darth vader?

:yes:

what about sauron and darth vader?

585881538[/snapback]

ooooh, good one there. Who knows who'd would win that one, Sauron owns Darth on size alone and just brute strength. His magic verse Darth's dark side powers might or might not stand a chance, i think it will be a draw, Now if Sauron was to have The One Ring then Darth would get owned big time

I always figured someone would want to know who'd win.....a Jedi, or a Wizard.

What you see in the movies about wizards, is the same as you read about them. For the most part, spells have to be spoken, while some others with a hand gesture. Almost no spells are cast by thoughts alone.

Now, a Jedi's true power, as well as a Sith's....have not really been explored in the movies as they were in the books that followed. "Size matters not"...if you remember correctly, and for those that have read the right books...knew that more than a few Jedi/Sith have had the power to crush entire planets. Making the Death Star rather obsolete. "....the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the force."

The Force witches were capable of crushing body parts with a mere thought...a Force push could also be used as a grip...unless all of you forgot that's how Darth Vader killed most of those that either betrayed him...or simply tweaked him off. (the flagship Executor Darth Vader was in is over 5 miles long...he killed the admiral from well over a mile away just by thinking about it....all while talking to the captain)

So....even if Yoda's lightsaber "may be taken by Gandalf the White"...Yoda could have easily opened up the ground beneath him, then closing it as Gandalf fell in.

I could go on, but, A Jedi......by a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG shot.

Edited by xMorpheousx416

You people are underestimating Galdolf.

First, his sword isnt just a 'normal sword.' Its magical.

Second, Galdolf is a wizard, there are only like 5 wizards, they are demi-gods basically.

Third, i dont know how old Yoda is, but Galdolf is about 50000 years old. The LOTR books hint at powers that Gandolf possesses that are world shattering, these are never seen in the movies.

Yoda, without doubt.

But how about this - those of whom are DragonLance fans here - I'd like to see Raistlin take on Sauron and Gandalf together!

Hes small and quick, did u see him in the attack of the clones aping around :yes: :laugh:

You people are underestimating Galdolf.

Did you miss the part where I said a Sith would just choke the life out of him from over a mile away? Gandalf wouldn't even see his opponent.

Did you miss the part where I said a Sith would just choke the life out of him from over a mile away?  Gandalf wouldn't even see his opponent.

585881654[/snapback]

Oh, you boys cut me up. Of course i missed that part.

Did you miss the part where I said a Sith would just choke the life out of him from over a mile away?  Gandalf wouldn't even see his opponent.

585881654[/snapback]

So whats with the light saber fights? Why dont they just kill each other instantly? I'm willing to bet the force doesnt work so easily on others who have a strong force of will and mental capacity.

So whats with the light saber fights? Why dont they just kill each other instantly? I'm willing to bet the force doesnt work so easily on others who have a strong force of will and mental capacity.

585881696[/snapback]

No you are thinking about mind tricks....Mind tricks are just one ability that the force provides a force-knowledable entity.

I need to add that Gandalf is practically immortal. Even if he dies, he will just get sent back. The Lotr series did not do justice to Gandalf, as 'The White' he is incredibly powerful. How the force works and where it comes from has been confusingly ripped apart by Lucas and his half-witted cronies. It's hard to say exactly how powerful Yoda is. The books that followed the original trilogy are not part of Lucas' story so why should we as collective geeks give them any merit?

Yoda is kick-ass, so I'd give the win to him, but it'd be a long and difficult battle.

Yeah Yoda is strong.. but like others have said..Gandalf (white) cant realy die. He would just come back for more. Gandalf could probly turn yoda into an insect and then just step on him or somthing.

Vote to Gandalf

I have to agree with what's been said about Gandalf.

From the Encyclopedia of Arda:

"Tolkien at no point defines what the limits of Gandalf's magic were. As a Maia, he had many natural abilities that would seem magical to mortal races, but he also had a great store of knowledge of more 'mechanical' magic, worked through spells and incantations, and especially through the agency of his staff. It is clear that he had far greater power, especially after his return as Gandalf the White, than he ever displayed in Middle-earth."