[F1]! BAR susbended for 2 races !

well the source is my dad lol but i trust him hehe. BAR are not in todays formula 1 race in Spain and are not in the following race becuase the 'owners etc' of formala 1 thought that buttons car was too light and so thought they was cheating! unfortunateley aswell as being susbended button and sato have had all of there points gained this season deducted :(

ill do some research now!! ........ ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/4514569.stm

indeed they have been suspended, its for using fuel as ballast and having an underweight car once drained of the aforementioned fuel.

I think the punishment was a touch harsh, taking the points away from the team would have been enough....although listening to Max Mosely (the FIA Head honcho) they were lucky not to have been banned for the season.

They were lucky they weren't kicked out for the whole season.

585890160[/snapback]

indeed

they diserve fully what they decided

cheaters

Thats the nature of racing...all the teams try to cut corners in all forms of racing. oh well. As long as Kimi is in contention I'm a happy camper

It's alright saying that they cheated, however they've had the same configuration all this season and no-ones complained yet. What makes it even more of a joke from the FIA point of view, they knew about the fuel system!!

The thing I find quite amusing is that if this was intentional, you would have thought they would have at least won the race and not lagged so far behind the Renault and Ferrari.

Just my two cents!

:devil: Good.. Less competitors for my favorite Ferrari :p

585893019[/snapback]

YAY of course :laugh: :laugh:

serves them right, and yeah, lucky to get 2 races, then again, FIA are charging them with new charges :o

585903954[/snapback]

What new charges?

Everyone here seems to be calling BAR cheaters.....but how many of you have actually looked up the law that was supposedly infringed.

The law states that the car must weigh 600 kilos (including driver) when drained of all fuel.

On the BAR car there was a separate compartment (not actually accessible to the fuel system) that had fuel in it that was being used as ballast. This bought the total weight of the car to over 600 kilos. BAR didnot gain any advantage from using fuel as ballast, nor did any driver.

BAR did not cheat, they simply interpreted the laws as they saw them, unfortunately for them the governing body does not interpret them in the same way and consequently BAR have been punished. As a result, instead of the mishmash of regulations that currently exist in formula 1, there should be a complete overhaul with complete clarification of what is and isnt legal to use on and in the cars.

I do think that branding the whole team cheaters is a little harsh.

cannot remember the new charges, it was in the national paper where i am. seems its under my cat litter tray :p and i aint getting it lol

Good. They completely deserve it.

The FIA are a bunch of idiots, though.

I agree with what someone said earlier... less competitors for Ferrari.

Schumy! Schumy! Schumy!