[F1 2005] Ferrari's Slump

What do you all think is the reason for Ferrari's slump this season? There must be a very significant reason that can cause a 7-time consecutive F1 champion to drop into a state where there's totally no chance for contention at the championship.

For me, I think it's due to the Bridgestone tyres. They cannot perform well for long-distance racing, especially if a set of tyres has to be used for an entire race event. I wonder how Ferrari will perform if they were to be using Michellin tyres. :blink:

I'd say for the most part it's the tires (90%) and the other 10% being the fact that they used the old car for the first few races.

I think there are only 3-4 teams using bridestone with Ferrari being the only "major" team.

Michellin will get more data back from the other teams than Bridgestone therefore they will be in a better position to improve their tyres.

Plus the new rules where they can't change tyres and the new qualifying suck (not really relevant to this discussion but I thought I'd add it)

ferrari is just having a very hard time adapting to the new rule changes, but this seasons is pretty good for renault toyota and mclaren, who seem to have taken the changes in stride.

mclaren for life....KIMI WON TODAY TOO!

Yeah I think the tyres are the main problem combined with some bad luck. However this season is quite interesting compared to the last few seasons. Its only a matter of time before Ferrari finds its form.

Yeah what's with all the 'tyres' ? :laugh:

585891205[/snapback]

The language is English, the spelling is English....in its true form!!! ;)

Schumacher just dropped out of the Spanish Grand Prix....because? Both of his left side tires failed.

(I'm watching a lagged broadcast on CBS :p)

The language is English, the spelling is English....in its true form!!! ;)

585891377[/snapback]

He's right. You crazy americans. Get yer own language :ninja:

Back to the actual meaning of the post...isnt their slump mainly due to their new car they put out they havent tested properly

ferrari rushed the release of the 2005 car. not enough testing- causing DNF in a few races. very bad luck for todays tyre failiures.. alonso did well but kimi the ice man dominated. i cant wait for mclaren to start winning races continuously. they definately seem to have the fastest car on the grid- the raw speed of the mcalren is amazing. shame about the fuel problems for montoya :(

well done kimi. :D

I'd really like to see how Ferrari performs in the event of rain. Bridgestone is supposed to outperform Michelin under wet/cold conditions. So far there has not been a wet-condition GP.

I'm pretty happy with the downfall of Ferrari. It was gonna come sooner or later, hopefully alonso and montoya can win it this season

M schumi can't win the driver's championship in this season, tht's for sure :D

Good to see Mclaren win the GP fun.gif

Will MS get a new engine for the monaco GP, but his incident was not a car related problem.

What we can't forget is that with the rule changes every team had to start their car designs from scratch (I think they meant major chassis changes), this put everybody at square one again, unfortuantly Ferrari decided to patch last years car to give them more time to get the 2005 car ready. What a mistake :D

C'mon Kimi, Alonso et al...!

Schumacher has been having some "performance issues" in the bedroom, and this is causing him great mental anguish. :laugh:

I think they just got off to a bad start and are now suffering with bad grid positions because they have to qualify earlier on in the day.

What do you all think is the reason for Ferrari's slump this season? There must be a very significant reason that can cause a 7-time consecutive F1 champion to drop into a state where there's totally no chance for contention at the championship.

For me, I think it's due to the Bridgestone tyres. They cannot perform well for long-distance racing, especially if a set of tyres has to be used for an entire race event. I wonder how Ferrari will perform if they were to be using Michellin tyres. :blink:

585890312[/snapback]

yep, exactly I agree and in other hand I hope Ferrari recover in time to win still in 2005 ;) I trust 100% in Schummy it rocks :p