XBOX 360 Specs fully leaked!

Yeah, true, good point.  But that still doesn't explain the overkill of 9.6 GHz.  That's just nuts.  Actually, I believe the XBox is 733 MHz.  If that's the case, that makes the XBox 360 13 times more powerful than the original.  You have to admit that that seems a little excessive.

585896711[/snapback]

That's not how it works. You're comparing an older x86 architecture to a brand-new Power-base chip. And multiple cores or CPUs are not additive. ie three 3.2Ghz cores don't equal one 9.6Ghz CPU.

If developers (and the XNA tools) can take advantage of that parallelism, then yes, it's a ridiculous amount of processing power.

But that's the idea. The game console industry is huge these days. And pouring money and new technology into products is something Microsoft is very good at.

I have a question, because it will be able to play dvd's, does that mean we can install pc games  :unsure: ?

585896727[/snapback]

I suppose it could be made to install pc games, cos it does have a hardrive.

I have a question, because it will be able to play dvd's, does that mean we can install pc games  :unsure: ?

585896727[/snapback]

Yeah!, indeed!, now thats fun, lol! :p, no it wont., if it could install pc games, it could run pc programs, so why the hell we would need a pc? oO

585896727[/snapback]

Um..We can play DVD's on PS2/Xbox :unsure:

cool, would it be compatible with the old xbox games?

585896784[/snapback]

This is what "backwards compatibility" means. And, no, I don't think anyone knows for certain yet, but I would take an educated guess and say "yes."

"- Strem media from Windows XP (S)(O) ", that means is somewhat compatible with windows no?, but how in a ppc architecture? oO

585896796[/snapback]

This could simply mean that when you hook it up to your network via your network port on the XBox 360, you can stream Windows Media files from your PC to the XBox 360. I'm not sure what else it could mean.

Wow, way to completely trash the guy for asking a question.  You guys are COOOOOL.  (Y)

585896790[/snapback]

I didn't trash talk him, i was just stating the facts, his question confused me :rolleyes:

I didn't trash talk him, i was just stating the facts, his question confused me  :rolleyes:

585896809[/snapback]

Oh, I know, I wasn't talking about you. :)

Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU

- 3 symmetrical cores at 3.2 GHz each

- 2 hardware threads per core <-- whats this? some kind of hyper threading?

Oh, I know, I wasn't talking about you.?:))

585896817[/snapback]

Oo, sorry lol :blush::

Edit:\\ @IceBrain: Yeah, i'm guessing it is:))

Mainly whoever posted the "fag" comment. Wait a minute...I don't see it anymore. Was I looking at the wrong post? I think I'm losing my mind or something.

Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU

- 3 symmetrical cores at 3.2 GHz each

- 2 hardware threads per core <-- whats this? some kind of hyper threading?

585896822[/snapback]

actually thats wrong.. it should be 2 instructions per core.. Normal CPU can perform 4-6 instructions at once but this CPU will be able to do 2.. its because it will reserve power and for console you dont need that many instruction since you are only playing a game.. I read on Anandtech that CELL processor is also going to have 2 instruction at once.

Mainly whoever posted the "fag" comment.  Wait a minute...I don't see it anymore.  Was I looking at the wrong post?  I think I'm losing my mind or something.

585896838[/snapback]

Argh, i saw that *cough*Xero*Cough*

Mainly whoever posted the "fag" comment.  Wait a minute...I don't see it anymore.  Was I looking at the wrong post?  I think I'm losing my mind or something.

585896838[/snapback]

^lol rickie wins

oh. That was Xero. I'm guessing a mod removed it because it was totally unnesessary.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but are the three CPUs simply for...well, for lack of a better word...redundancy? Or are they actually always going to be utilized, i.e. 9.6 GHz? I haven't heard a clear answer either way, and I understand if this isn't known yet.