XBOX 360 Specs fully leaked!

It's called compression, the xbox uses it ALOT most games uncompressed would be DVD-9.

They will uncompress it on the fly with one of the processors they have in the machine.

This will also make the games cheaper not having to press expensive media and the sell it to us.

585912041[/snapback]

Xbox games already have DVD-9 available to them, I'm sure several games have already taken advantage.

Xbox games already have DVD-9 available to them, I'm sure several games have already taken advantage.

585912082[/snapback]

10 or less have

Almost all are just under DVD-5

So its safe to assume most games will be 1 DVD 9 and bigger titles would be 2 DVD's which isnt so bad considering its HD

Microsoft is quite the devious little ****. You guys do realize this whole free weekends thing is just to entice people to pay the monthly fee in order to be able to play all the time. I think i'll take the free pc instead.

Microsoft is quite the devious little ****.  You guys do realize this whole free weekends thing is just to entice people to pay the monthly fee in order to be able to play all the time.  I think i'll take the free pc instead.

585912599[/snapback]

They arent forcing you to upgrade are they?

Be greatful they are actually giving you the option of using live for free at weekends, something you didnt get with the first xbox.

They arent forcing you to upgrade are they?

Be greatful they are actually giving you the option of using live for free at weekends, something you didnt get with the first xbox.

585912615[/snapback]

Oh yeah, I should sure be greatful that I have to pay to use a feature of a game that I already payed for. :rolleyes:

You arent paying for the ability to play online games, you are paying for the platform, constant updates, new content, new downloads, new movie clips, etc..etc..

If you dont want to pay then just use one of the many free 3rd party software like xlink etc..

Oh yeah, I should sure be greatful that I have to pay to use a feature of a game that I already payed for.  :rolleyes:

585912851[/snapback]

I hate when people say that.. any other online service doesnt come close to xbox live's offering.. and if you dont want to play multiplayer games then just play single player games.. even if you want.. then just use xbconnect or xlink.. they are free. and servers cost money.. ( if u didnt know that).. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I too at first didn't buy into the "Pay for play" after I've already purchased the game. But it really does make sense, as these are extras, and our payments for this help make these great features get developed. And also help the owners of these companies get nicer cars. Its definately worth it though.

I too at first didn't buy into the "Pay for play" after I've already purchased the game. But it really does make sense, as these are extras, and our payments for this help make these great features get developed. And also help the owners of these companies get nicer cars. Its definately worth it though.

585994398[/snapback]

:angry: why did you resurrect this?!

Sorry guys, i just happened to stumble across this thread in a google search, and didn't bother to look for another thread. Ah well, guess its resurrected now :-)

585994398[/snapback]

Adding more servers for no reason is pointless and adds complications. Using a direct connect approach like PC games use is much more straight forward and free. I'm not paying MS employees so they can get another Mercedes.