Learning PHP

Question

Where would one start to learn PHP? I would like to learn this and begin making some decent systems. :unsure:

Where would one read some tutorials and articles? :wacko:

15 answers to this question

hey anyone know where i can find a nice printable version of the php manual. when ever i try n print from www.php.net/manual/en it comes out crappy with the menus n stuff

how about posting in the php forums on neowin.?

theres loads of tuts out there.. starting from basics to intermediate. try lynda.com for video php tutorials

I've moved this into the php forum; we've got a variety of links at the top of this forum with tutorials, guides etc etc. I found learning from making stuff was a great way of doing things; working out simple PHP code and then moving on would be your best bet.

Can members please refrain from offering handy links to google - it's rarely appreciated and is clearly not what people want when posting.

Hey thanks a lot everyone. It was careless of me not to look and post in the web programming area first, sorry. However I appreciate the feedback and I'll have a good look around, todays last day of work so I got a few days off till I go back, enough time to get my head down and do some study!

I got a book on php and Now i'm picking it up fairly quickly. Just begin to read a book or something, and learn the basics. Then once you get it, all you need to do in the future is figure out how to use commands to do different things.