[DEFINITIVE] Console of 2005/2006

What next gen. console are you getting?  

702 members have voted

1. 1. What next gen. console are you getting?

• X360
    • PS3
    • Revolution
    • Both, X360 and PS3
    • Both, X360 and Revolution
    • Both, PS3 and Revolution
    • None
    • Don't know yet
    • All 3 systems are coming home with me

So now that all consoles have been revealed, which console(s) are you guys getting? Me, personally I'm thinking about getting a X360. I will probably go with X360 and PS3 in the future, but right now, only X360. It looks way slick and the PS3 is just well...I really don't like the design of it, or the controller. Depends though...hopefully they will change the design on the PS3 to actually look like a PlayStation. ;)

Sorry if I forgot a choice for the poll. Also this poll is just for really first impressions only. So none of the it's too early stuff. :laugh:

585937117[/snapback]

I too judge what console I'm going to buy based on the looks of it. Isn't that the best way to judge them. I don't play them because they will get all dusty and don't want to get the wear and tear on them. I just keep them nice and clean and look at them for hours a day. :whistle:

Edited by mufdvr3669

Announced PS3 Games

Annoucned 360 Games

The PS3 is too far away...we got no video of someone actually playing the system, or confirmation that any games shown were done real-time

We didn't see Xbox 360 tech demos, just a titles in development

585937244[/snapback]

Friggin hell. Did you even see the PS3 videos? Most of the stuff that was shown was real time or recorded in real time. Only a few were possibly prerendered CGI as we haven't gotten any official confirmation yet. The UT2007 and Fight Night footage were most definitely real time, they even moved the camera around. As were the system demos like the ducky, nvidia's new demo, the spiderman stuff, etc.

As for the PS3 being too far away from release. The X360 is releasing in November, the PS3 is releasing in Spring of 2006, that could be as little as a five month difference.

not to sure yet, Probably xbox 360. I like the idea of it being wirless, and a media centre. Console design is awesome i really like it. Bu then there is ps3, good console design, **** control design, good games. Argh i dunno.

Friggin hell.  Did you even see the PS3 videos?  Most of the stuff that was shown was real time or recorded in real time.  Only a few were possibly prerendered CGI as we haven't gotten any official confirmation yet.  The UT2007 and Fight Night footage were most definitely real time, they even moved the camera around.  As were the system demos like the ducky, nvidia's new demo, the spiderman stuff, etc.

As for the PS3 being too far away from release.  The X360 is releasing in November, the PS3 is releasing in Spring of 2006, that could be as little as a five month difference.

585938021[/snapback]

Yes and they all looked like PS2 games apart from Killzone 2 and Moto Storm or whatever it was called.

Yes and they all looked like PS2 games apart from Killzone 2 and Moto Storm or whatever it was called.

585938118[/snapback]

Yes, we all know of your bias for the xbox. Move along.

I saw the pictures of the PS3 yesterday and think it's... something. Not sure what, but it's something.

Am not sure I like the design, maybe it'll change a little before launch. Not that a console design means anything compared to what's packed inside, but the 360 looks more impressive than the PS3 in my view.

If there are some interesting games, I might get myself a 360 to pass time until Sony releases the PS3...in Europe. We all know it can take Sony a looooooong time to release stuff in Europe.

But most of my favorite games are either exclusive or first for the PS(3). For example, GTA will be a launch title...I expect a good Metal Gear Sold and Gran Turismo...the rally / canyon game looks awesome...etc.

So, definately a PS3 when it's released, but might get a 360 in the mean time.

are you people on crack? did you see the videos that PS3 showed? It rips the fawk out of 360. Yea its 6 months ahead but still.

I mean what does Xbox 360 has... from what we've seen. GOW and maybe 2 other ones games....

then again time will tell. but IMO PS3 is ripping it up right now.

585937218[/snapback]

Are you? MS showed real games with real gameplay and even playable at E3. PS3 showed us nothing but a few TECHNOLOGICIAL DEMOS, just like PS2 they showed demos which people were amazed, only to find out, launch games were not even remotely close to what they showed.

Not sure yet... If Elder Scrolls: Oblivion comes out for PS3 I'll get it, if not possibly xbox 360.

It'll be easier to tell once real units have been produced by both sides and some actual reviews done.

PS3 for me. i don't think the controller is as big a disaster as everyone is making it out to be. granted it looks very strange - but then again the bat look is also quite unique. i think we'll just have to get used to it.

and the ps3 itself? well it just has raw power and the vids i've seen look amazing.

I was like "I'll bet 10 big-ones, that this threat is about Xbox360 or PSIII" when i saw the link on the front page.

C'mon ppl, how many pointless threats are there coming about the same dumb questions. "Xbox360 or PSIII" Same old crapy question over, and over, and over, and over......

The PS3 demos blew 360 out of the water at E3 even like there tech demos and epic said there were only using about 50% of the power that its capable of

Then like after you saw the PS3 tech demos you would go see what MS has to offer and they spend forever on stupid stuff like the new live features and how its going to be this media center and when it gets to the games they show ghost recon and it looks like crap compared to what you saw with PS3 but they do have gears of war and that looked pretty good and everything but then you had the lame group in front that were pretty much actors sitting behind cheering and making X's with there arms

I guess for 50% of power epic showed alot for PS3 and I know 360 isnt going that slow so I dont get why they didnt show more of what its capable of

Right now I dont know what I will get

The PS3 demos blew 360 out of the water at E3 even like there tech demos and epic said there were only using about 50% of the power that its capable of 

Then like after you saw the PS3 tech demos you would go see what MS has to offer and they spend forever on stupid stuff like the new live features and how its going to be this media center and when it gets to the games they show ghost recon and it looks like crap compared to what you saw with PS3 but they do have gears of war and that looked pretty good and everything but then you had the lame group in front that were pretty much actors sitting behind cheering and making X's with there arms

I guess for 50% of power epic showed alot for PS3 and I know 360 isnt going that slow so I dont get why they didnt show more of what its capable of

Right now I dont know what I will get

585939436[/snapback]

Excuse me are you mentally retarded?

You do realize a lot of the demos for the PS3 were prerendered? And the Live features are not stupid. I think you are. The Live features are one of it's strengths, the amount of interactivity and use you can get out of the service is a key point which was being made at the conference. Keep in mind MS have this device targeted to a WIDER audience and not just gamers. Plus the demos for X360 were not even fully utilizing hardware potential as they were rednered using the development kit. Get your facts right and learn what you really saw were prerenders which don't conclude final gameplay performance.

xbox 360 here, seems the most impressive feature wise as well as the hardware being used well to it's potential. The regular xbox games have really impressed me compared to PS2 games so i'll get this 1st and then wait a few years for the PS3 to go down in price