• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

[56K] Draka The Dragon

spiegel    0

Draka-Dragon-SA-1280x960.jpg

Originally Lisa had envisioned her dragon as Shen Lung the Chinese spiritual dragon who controls the winds and the rain. She dreamed this dragon would be mobile and have wings that flapped up & down and made a sound like a bellows. Its tail would swish and snap back & forth and its surface would be cut from metal, in a series of scales, all rusted & green. Eyes glowing red with a vicious mouth, it would blow fire and orange balls of sulfurous stank. To be in keeping with the Burning Man theme of "the Body," the eerie sound of theremin playing would summon the masses to snake along with the dragon as it chased the magic pearl from one chakra to the next on it's spiritual journey ~THAT WAS THE DREAM ~ this is what actually happened...

Lisa conceived the idea of this magnificent Dragon just after completing her Fertility Goddess as Sundial for Burning Man 1999. She was on the playa reading "Wicked - The Life & Times of the Wicked Witch of the West," by Gregory McGuire, and was inspired by his description of a Dragon Clock Tower "made of hundreds of overlapping discs of copper, bronze, and iron," roaming from village to village, displaying sick and twisted puppet theatre. Lisa began work on the proposal that winter and her boyfriend, Flynn Mauthe, came up with the idea of hitching trailers together. "Like a Louisiana hayride," he said, "so participants can catch a tour of the Burning Man sites as they ride the dragon." Lisa's FERTILITY GODDESS of 1999 had given birth to the DRAGON.

....wow :omg:

Source

qdave    159

haha, this is really cool! whoever made it is crazy as hell :p

BLEHINATOR!    0

LMAO, for a moment there i thought the moped was towing it!!! :rofl:

DannyGlass    0

Lol what an odd car.... Should be in jokes i think though, also could you please link to the topic instead of strecthing the board out :s

-DannyGlass

Argote    73
LMAO, for a moment there i thought the moped was towing it!!!  :rofl:

585959429[/snapback]

heheh me tooo