How to get rid of Mosquito Bites?

GOD I hope I don't have to deal with this for long... any idea how to get rid of them? I have like, 8 on each leg...

post-36116-1116830130_thumb.jpg

Burn some wet wood in the corner of your room, if you make enough smoke you can get rid of the damn mosquitos...and avoid the bites.

:pirate:

Burn some wet wood in the corner of your room, if you make enough smoke you can get rid of the damn mosquitos...and avoid the bites.

:pirate:

585959097[/snapback]

lol, I must try that someday... :shifty:

I know this is one of the worst things you can do for them, but I usually try and pop them like a zit (sometimes using a needle)... Once all the crap comes out I put rubbing alcohol on them and it's all good.

Edited by Fog Dogg

I know this is one of the worst thing you can do for them, but I usually try and pop them like a zit... Once all the crap comes out I put rubbing alcohol on them and it's all good.

585959145[/snapback]

Same here! I put rubbing alcohol on everything... the isopropyl type, the type with ethyl does not have the burn so you don't know if it is working!

I know this is one of the worst things you can do for them, but I usually try and pop them like a zit (sometimes using a needle)... Once all the crap comes out I put rubbing alcohol on them and it's all good.

585959145[/snapback]

O my hell, you have stuff comming out of your misquito bites? :x

Use calamine lotion, I used to use it when I was a kid, messy but it stop's the itching.

O my hell, you have stuff comming out of your misquito bites? :x

Use calamine lotion, I used to use it when I was a kid, messy but it stop's the itching.

585959262[/snapback]

Yes, there has to be something in the lump... In the case of a mosquito bite, it's the mosquito's saliva that creates the itch... If you can that out, the lump will cease to itch.

hurts like arse to squeeze them though, i dont usually get anything come out... is it coloured or what?

585959362[/snapback]

No, it's clear... I'm quite sure rumbleph1sh is right though, but I just can't stand itches, so I do it anyway.

Avon 'Skin-So-Soft' while it won't stop mosquitos, midges, or ticks from landing on you, it will prevent them from biting (a garlic rich diet also helps btw). As for treating bites, calamine lotion works, and other treatments are available from pharmacies.

Last year I went on a canoe trip with a bunch of friends. First time I had ever encountered no-see'ems (I forget their real name, but that is their accepted nick name). My tent didn't have netting small enough for them, and I guess they really liked me. It counted 56 bites on one arm along. There was a visible line of where I wore the mosquito net. My nickname for that week was "diseases", it was just that bad. The best thing you can do to them is to not scratch, if you cant do that, use the After-bite stuff. The night where we went portaging, there were enough bushes to scratch my bites, it was horrible. I couldn't go a minute without scratching. I borrowed my friend's stick of After-Bite, slathered it on both my arms and after one minute, I couldn't feel the itch any more. It was such a good feeling. I bought the thing of after bite off of my friend and kept it to myself the rest of the week. That stuff is better than any repellant, no matter how much Deet it has (mine had 40% deet content and it still didn't work).

you could use Ammonia since thats all AfterBite has in it anyway, plus take somthing like Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) like any of those store brands it has the same thing in it. BTW It can make you sleepy (did you know that almost OTC sleeping pills are just Benadryl ) it should reduce the swelling and itching. (Y)