How To Straighten Paper?

I have some certificates which I kept in a folder, but 2 or 3 months ago I framed them all for my wall. Unfortunately some of the certificates were *slightly* too wide, and putting them in the frames has made "waves" in the paper. I have made the certificates fit properly by taking 1 or 2mm off the edge with a razor blade, but the paper is still wavy. Is there any way of removing these waves from the paper?

Get a wet sponge and soak the paper with it. Then hang wet paper from washing line in sun. Wait.

Warning: paper may become blank in the process.

put some cloth on top of the paper and iron it, works for all my stuff  :)

585959507[/snapback]

lol... way to destory stuff waley :cry:

Get a wet sponge and soak the paper with it. Then hang wet paper from washing line in sun. Wait.

Warning: paper may become blank in the process.

585959508[/snapback]

ha ha ha ha ha ha?

lol...? way to destory stuff waley?:cry:y:

585959513[/snapback]

lol, i spose it's not a good idea for certificates...... but anything els(Y)Y)!

put the paper in between a piece of cloth put it on a flat surface and iron it. make sure the iron isn't too hot or you will singe the paper.

Edit: i see that someone has already proposed it. it really works! try it!

Just place the certificates on a flat surface for example the kitchen table and put a book or magazine on top and then something heavy on top of the magzine. Leave overnight.

Come back in the morning and it should be straightened out.

put the paper in between a piece of cloth put it on a flat surface and iron it. make sure the iron isn't too hot or you will singe the paper.

Edit: i see that someone has already proposed it. it really works! try it!

585959556[/snapback]

Are you just trying to burn his certificate? :devil: lol

Thanks for the replies. Someone had already suggested to me the ironing one, and it something i'd try but it would be risky, id rather exhaust some safer options first. I had thought of putting something heavy ontop of the certificate but wasnt sure if it would work, but I suppose its worth a try! Any more ideas are very welcome, I want to do this the safest way possible, as most of the certificates are years old, and I really dont want to damage them :)

I would try putting the certificates under a very heavy weight. Should straighten any creases out and it also shouldn't damage anything like ironing it might. Good luck. (Y)

I've tried putting school projects that are really creased under a pile of a4 books. Leave for over half a day and should work

put them in a big book or somthing and then put a heavy weight on that book.

For example your tv or somthing else that is really heavy.

Leave it for a while and they should be as flat as a flat thing.

i was going to suggest ironing, but as it already has been suggested oh well i will anyway.

other ideas put under load of heavy books, or if ur old skool with ur washing techniques go back to the old days and find one of those clothes press things lol that should do the job. a mangle i think it was called

post-92514-1116877491.jpg

or if u have a spare steam roller handy... :ninja:

i was going to suggest ironing, but as it already has been suggested oh well i will anyway.

other ideas put under load of heavy books, or if ur old skool with ur washing techniques go back to the old days and find one of those clothes press things lol that should do the job. a mangle i think it was called

post-92514-1116877491.jpg

or if u have a spare steam roller handy...  :ninja:

585961664[/snapback]

Why do you want him to mangle his certificates? Thats not nice. :crazy:

Why do you want him to mangle his certificates? Thats not nice.  :crazy:

585961857[/snapback]

u used to put clothes thru and it wld like flatten thm because if u accidently got ur fingers stuck it would hurt, so i figure puttin paper through as long as it dont go through folded up it will be flattened.

someone needs to read about mangles before going :crazy: lol

OK. I admit I should have put this after that last post so here it is: </sarcasm>

I know what a mangle thing is. I've seen how they work. Was just in a sarcastic mood :)

Well what ive done is put one certificate inside a large hardback book. Ive put this in a bookshelf, then ive piled other big heavy books ontop of it. Ive crammed books on top until they reached the shelf above, then put another book in so its really compressed. Hopefully this pressure will flatten it out nicely! Its not as if its huge creases or anything anyway, like I said the paper is kind of wavey because the frame was slightly too small. If this method works on this certificate I can then do it for the rest :)