Projector VS Plasma HDTV

se7en.hu

:laugh:

post-71157-1117209336_thumb.jpg

se7en.hu

I would really like to emphasize that the projection looks ALOT i mean heaps alot better then in those pictures the image is brighter sharper clearer more contrast and color etc the camera photo is actually a poor representation of it :/ however look at the photos then imagine it 100x better :p

chroniq

wow hallalujua for projectors :D .. se7en my friend i cant thank u enough .. i think u just made my entertainment center .. THAT much better .. :) love the x1 looks really purty .. if this is "bad" quality images i cant imagine it in real life

se7en.hu

haha no problem man :p I do what I can :D If you have any more questions feel free to ask ;)

Also I just noticed that you need DVI for the Media PC, sorry didnt notice that before, the X1 sadly only offers the VESA input and a loop through however I am pretty sure that the X1a offers the DVI and if that doesnt you can look into the X2 or X3 as one of them will have to offer DVI they are all around the same price (Y) as for component that is fine on the X1 as you can use the 7-pin S-video which will input component via a Svideo to component connverter (Y) dont worry either it is not going to change your beautiful component quality picture (3 signals) into svideo quality (2 signals) if you use the converter <jargon> Because the Svideo input on the X1 is a 7-pin svideo interface instead of the usual boring old normal 4-pin svideo interface so it is made to take full advantage of component quality video so the projector will infact receieve and take advantage of all three signals (Pb Pr and Y Blue Red and Luminence) </jargon> (Y) The X1 also has Composite if needed and will also be backwards compatible to take normal 4-pin svideo sources ;)

Here is an image of the X1 rear for more info ;)

x1-io-panel.jpg

Haha :D :D I am just really bored! :woot: So about having to change cables aroud etc etc. You can use a video switchbox to connect all you devices into then the output on the switchbox into the X1 that way you wont have to change all the cables around when you want to change sources you will just have to press a button ;)

chroniq

:) se7en .. thanks again .. since we're on the subject .. I am setting up a mediapc with an ati allinwondercard and mini case .. iam still looking for good software as a frontend the ones by windvd and powerdvd suck donkey balls .. anyway .. iam going to connect 4 componant systems (ps2, gc, xbox, humax sat reciever) or maybe just 3 if i get a good terrstrial sat card for my mediapc, although not likely .. and of course the dvi

is there a splitter that will do this?

se7en.hu

I dont know any specific models and brand etc because I dont actually use one as I am using my onkyo amp/receiever and all my visuals go through that into my projector, but you can probably just goto an electronic store or home theatre shop anything of this nature etc etc. then they will sell something in there, however these switchbox's can get a little pricey depending on how many inputs you reuqire and in your case its 3~4 + it would have to be a component switchbox so be prepared to spend around 50$+ :/ the DVI would not be a part of this as the DVI input on the projector would be seperate from the svideo/component input.

Look here I found this for you. As I said they become pricey this was the cheapest I found.

1154A_b.jpg

if you dont understand the concept of these things, labled on the image:

1 would be the xbox

2 would be the gc

3 would be the ps2

4 would be the sat receiver

then output would be into the projector

Am here is a LINKY! of more of these look through them, i got this from a google search for 'component video switchboxes'

Good luck ;)

chroniq

:) .. thanks alot dude, i was worried alot about this .. i never knew amplifiers could handle video? well its news to me .. would be nice though :) thanks again

se7en.hu

No probs buddy ;)

Amel

say no to projectors :)

generalnewbie

im interested in what projector you would recommend.. ive done my research for eh 9 months on what i like..

plasma and DLP and LCD... im sold only on the plasma.

but the new blacklight lcds might be a great solution to lcds black gray levels.

personally i have to view a TV ina store and not a picture that someones snapped.

you have to compare it to other tvs.

A big selling point i will make is the viewing angle i know my tv room is large and 2 couches are

on the side and in front of it.. and a lazy boy on the other side.. anyhow if i cant view my tv from all

the angles then i would kinda say its not worth the money

Plasma has great viewing angles and vibrant colors.. reguardless of what some idiot thats still in the

1995 era that says plasmas have burn ins... blah blah... Contact people who have had a plasma for

2002 and up.. All the new plasmas Dont suffer from this anymore! (less then 2 percent)

lighting is also a problem in my room i have big big windows and when the sun hits it..

you get a glare.. the glass ona DLP wouldnt really cut that glare and make for a bad.. Sunday

afternoon football game!

SlowIce
im interested in what projector you would recommend.. ive done my research for eh 9 months on what i like..

plasma and DLP and LCD... im sold only on the plasma.

but the new blacklight lcds might be a great solution to lcds black gray levels.

personally i have to view a TV ina store and not a picture that someones snapped.

you have to compare it to other tvs.

A big selling point i will make is the viewing angle i know my tv room is large and 2 couches are

on the side and in front of it.. and a lazy boy on the other side.. anyhow if i cant view my tv from all

the angles then i would kinda say its not worth the money

Plasma has great viewing angles and vibrant colors.. reguardless of what some idiot thats still in the

1995 era that says plasmas have burn ins... blah blah... Contact people who have had a plasma for

2002 and up.. All the new plasmas Dont suffer from this anymore! (less then 2 percent)

lighting is also a problem in my room i have big big windows and when the sun hits it..

you get a glare.. the glass ona DLP wouldnt really cut that glare and make for a bad.. Sunday

afternoon football game!

585983254[/snapback]

You are a little off here... We are talking about projectors, not projection TV's.

There is no glare, no plasma and no lcd-backlight on projectors!

Projectors project the picture oan a screen fixed to the wall.

The pictures you saw posted here are picture taken of one of those projectors projecting the picturs on one of those screens.

Hupp

after years of working in electronic stores, all i can say is don't buy a plasma..just don't.

chroniq

thanks slammed :) .. cause that pretty much settles it .. bigger brighter screen, hdtv compatability, inputs'a'pleny ... life "rechargable" what more can i ask for

iconboy

if a bulb lasts 1500 hours and you watched say on average 6 hours of stuff everyday one bulb should last 250 days or almost a whole year. if bulbs are $100 then this is awsome!

QuarterSwede

I don't know why you want a projector (didn't read the whole thread) but if I were you I'd buy a Rear Projection DLP TV (probably from Samsung). They look better than almost ever Plasma TV I've seen and are thinner then CRT TV's even at large sizes and can be very large and still look great (61"+).

Also, don't think what you see in the store is what you will see at home. TV's in the store always look worse than they do at home because the lights are different, they don't always set them up right, people screw with the settings, etc.

Edited by Jstphish